Thu, Sep 19, 6:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 and Eyes

Savage_Artistry ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 10:11 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 5:16 AM

file_97189.jpg

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Figure on the left I textured in the Poser 5 materials room. Figure on the right was saved from Poser 4. If I take the figure on the left into Poser 4 it shows that the eye textures are applied at 0%. It's an easy fix to pull the texture sliders over to 100% in Poser 4 - but where is that in Poser 5? I tried lining them up side by side as you see here and comparing how the textures are applied, but the way they are looks the same to me. I want to switch completely to Poser 5 but I have to figure out this annoying little thing first. Thanks in advance.

Ajax ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2004 at 11:45 PM

How about showing a screenshot of your material room settings for the iris?

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 2:24 AM

Maybe the diffuse value is at 0.0? Either in the main table or in the diffuse/ texture map option. Or maybe there is NO texture connected to the diffuse slot?

Savage_Artistry ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 12:53 AM

file_97190.jpg

Sorry it took so long to respond - I could not get the forums to come up this morning before work, and I've only just gotten home.

Anyway, here's a quick render (Poser 4 renderer) and the material room settings for the iris. I've been linking the textures up the same way for the entire body (except for transparency, which hasn't been giving me trouble).

Ajax ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 4:51 AM

This is Victoria 3, right? I have some MAT poses (from DAZ I think) that do this. However in those ones the texture strength gets set to zero. I can see in your screenshot that yours is set to 1 (bottom row of the image map node). Everything in the screenshot looks right to me. You might try changing the texture strength setting a couple of times and then setting it back to 1 just to make sure. I'm guessing this is probably caused by a MAT pose that is designed to change some aspects of the material settings without affecting others. P5 often has trouble with those. The thing is, MAT poses are a hack, not a Poser feature. With the big changes to the texturing approach from P4 to P5, it was never likely all of the hacks would continue to work the same way. That means a lot of P4 MAT poses just aren't going to work properly in P5.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 6:20 AM

The iris settings look okay, check the settings for the cornea. Should be completely transparent. If it's not that, try deleting the texture nodes out of the left and right eyewhite, iris and pupils, and re-add them as a new node (still connected to texture.) This seems to be a common problem with eye textures and P5, especially in MAT files created for Poser 4.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Savage_Artistry ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 11:25 AM

As I said, I applied these textures myself - no mat pose involved. Thanks for the advice however. I will try it and see if it helps.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 11:39 AM

Did you at any point use "Apply to all"? I've noticed P5 sometimes goes a bit unpredicatable when doing that.

"you are terrifying

Savage_Artistry ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2004 at 3:20 PM

file_97191.jpg

I made an image map node, then copied and pasted to each body part. I then changed the map where applicable.

Actually I fixed the problem now finally. I used Poser 4 and opened all the characters that had the problem. After moving the texture sliders to 100% (even without textures applied in this case) I overwrote the cr2 files. Now the texturing is working. It is odd that it won't cooperate in P5 - that it has to be saved in the cr2 file apparently.

Thanks everybody for your help. :)

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2004 at 5:06 AM

scratches head Very odd but I'm glad you got it sorted!

"you are terrifying

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.