Mon, Sep 9, 4:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Rendering without any anti-alias?

Totoro3D ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 5:04 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 1:36 AM

file_98131.jpg

Hello, I want to use Poser Characters in a little computer game I am making. In this game they are very small and dont have much details anymore. The problem I encounter is, that the character always have a grey boarder. When I use big graphics, there dont seem to be much of this anti-alias problem, but the game is supposed to run in low resolution. Check the image to understand what I mean. The edges of the man just look terrible. Is there a way to avoid postwork in photoshop for every single image?

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 5:44 PM

REnder every image large and shrink it? I render my cartooned images quite large and then shrink them smaller to clean the lines.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Totoro3D ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 6:07 PM

Yup, thats what I am doing. After resizing I get the results you see on the picture :(

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2004 at 8:37 PM

What color are you rendering against? What format are you saving/exporting as? Are you rendering an image or a single-frame movie? Poser will include an alpha channel, but some formats seem cleaner than others. You may also want to look at "cartoon with line" mode or some of the sketch render styles to come up with a look which will harmonize with the look of the backgrounds/props. Carolly

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2004 at 12:39 AM

You can render as tiff over transparent background, delete the background, then shrink the image while it's in its own layer over the new background. It's a classic APS technique, which they could explain in detail in the Photoshop forum. If you shrink the image after clicking on the background color and then deleting the background color, you'll always get resizing artifacts like that when you try to cut-n-paste it into a new image.

Totoro3D ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2004 at 2:03 PM

Thank you :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.