Sun, Sep 22, 8:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Saving translation data to pose and eloafing problem..

alphauser51 ( ) posted Sun, 29 February 2004 at 12:26 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 2:58 AM

Attached Link: http://eclipse.forenscisdesign.com

How do you save x, y, or , z trans data with the figure to the pose library. I am using Poser 4 with the Pro PAck. For example, I created a walk cycle for the trex dinosaur. For realistic motion I had to move the body along the y and z axis using the y and z spinners. If I save the file and reload it saves the data, but if I save the walkcycle as a multiframe pose and apply it to the figure, the leg motions are there but there is no z or y movement. Any ideas or feedback would be helpful..

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2004 at 12:16 PM

Poser does not save pose data for the BODY actor. You have two options. 1. Translate and rotate the figure via the hip actor, as every other actor has the hip as its root parent the other parts will follow. 2. If you really do need to save poses for the BODY, make a copy of the cr2, open it in a text editor, use the editors search and replace function to do a globall search and replace of "BODY" with "BODYx", because the BODY is nolonger called BODY this fools Poser into saving pose data for it. Of course poses made using this modified cr2 will not work with normal cr2's that do not have 'BODYx' actor, but you can easily convert the pz2 you made with the modified cr2 to work with normal cr2's. Just open them in a text editor and and replace of "BODYx" with "BODY". Poser only has a problem saving data info for the BODY, it has no trouble reading the data.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.