Tue, Oct 1, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: help please!

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 7:32 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 3:41 PM

How do you export a terrain as a shades of grey picture? I completely forgot how.

clay ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 7:57 AM

You can just copy paste from the terrain editor in to Photoshop or whatever paint program you have.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 8:17 AM

There is another way, I would like to know that.

pogmahone ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 8:59 AM

lol, surely there can't be any easier way than Ctrl C, open Paint, and Ctrl V?

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 9:19 AM

I thought that if you save the screen the other way that you could change the resolution of it when saving.

clay ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 4:16 PM

you can changed the terrain resolution right in the terrain editor.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 5:05 PM

I want the picture of the terrain to use in another program and the higher the resolution the better.

wildman2 ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 6:51 PM

export it as a pgm in the terrain editor export option.. psp opens it rite up. someone in here wrote a pgm to tiff or tiff to pgm programm..I believe.for photoshop.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 7:02 PM

thank you

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 8:07 PM

xantor, I haven't released the pgmtotif yet except to Agent Smith, I guess I should finish that up for the rest of you; I haven't felt real energetic for the last month or so. Hope I get over that soon. It shouldn't take more than a week once I get to it. The new parser solves most of the problems except with infranview which uses 256 color as a greyscale, but I'm thinking about that too. Meanwhile, if all you need to do is convert a pgm to an 8 bit greyscale tiff PSP might do the trick or perhaps even infranview. I'd think if you only wanted the picture as a greyscale it would be just as easy to do using the Bryce generated bmp and convert it to a greyscale in Photoshop or other paint program. For height map of your whole scaene you might try top view, distance mask, render it, export as tiff. I haven't tried tiftopgm on such a .tif (but the new parcer most certainly will handle it when released). If it doesn't work, either save it in photoshop as a .tif or simply use psp to generate an 8 bit .pgm. you sould then be able to convert your pgm (mask) to .3ds,.obj etc. in Bryce. I haven't tried all of this but it should work - although you will certainly get some distortion unless you know how to compensate the height map in Bryce.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 4:47 AM

Xantor is this to use with Terrain Studio? If so thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't even thought of using the Bryce terrains for it. 8) Catlin

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 7:17 AM

file_102368.jpg

I was working with "tiffer" last night and made a test pict to view my results. It appears that the last version I posted of the tiff to pgm converter won't convert tiffs saved from Bryce, so I worked on it last night so that the next version will. Anyrate the idea from my last post here seems to work - note the foreground left object: a simple distance mask of a sphere saved as a tiff and run through the converter and back into Bryce. A couple things I forgot to mention are illustrated here: note the ridge, as I exported it at 800 x 600 rather than an exponet of 2 (512x512 1024x1024 etc.). also see that the image height is inverted; perhaps you could invert in PhotoShop - or simply turn it over?. Also note the vertical exaguration - leave that one to you to figure out. of note to some - foreground right: a PSP8 8 bit conversion. also noted - background: a 16 bit tiff image Agent Smith supplied from Photoshop for testing purposes and a 16 bit conversion of it in Corel Photopaint. - TJ

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 8:01 AM

Bikermouse thank you! Catlin it is for terrain studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.