Sun, Oct 6, 4:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Featured Fractal...Congrats to joeydude!

nickcharles ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 2:06 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/subcom.ez?ID=21

Hi all Check out this week's **Featured Fractal**, on the Fractal Community main page!

Congratulations to joeydude!

Excellent work!

Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 6:24 AM

Congrats! Speaking of this. How does the Featured Fractal work?

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Ardiva ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 4:06 PM

Congrats Joey! You certainly deserve it! hugs Helen

Rykk ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 5:30 PM

BIG congrats, Joe - an honor very well deserved by both the artist and the image. Rock on, Spiralsmith!

nickcharles ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:32 AM

How does the Featured Fractal work?
Well, basically, it's a number of factors...
My goal is to get more members works in the spotlight.
First, I look for an image that is not in the 'Hot 20', and an artist that has not been in the 'Featured Fractal' spot before. Then, I look at the stats, and such...
Maybe not the best system...but I'm open to suggestions.
The idea was once brought up, that I should use that spot for the winning challenge entry, however, the way it's set up, that spot only accepts gallery images (gallery images and challenge entries have different ID numbers).

Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
-Don Henley

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:52 AM

Oh, I understand. You pick it up. What do you mean by "stats"? Comments, views, ranking? And how does that affect your decision? Just curious. :-) Barbara

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

nickcharles ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 1:04 AM

I look more at comments/views. I don't pay attention to ranking. Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
-Don Henley

paragon5 ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 7:39 AM

Hi Joe, congrats on the featured fractal! You are very deserving, we love all of your work! Well done, friend! Vicky and William

QuietRiot ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:38 PM

yeah!!!!! And it's a spiral. Way to go Joey! I think the method of picking a featured fractal seems fair. It's not like it's a contest or anything and gives us a chance to see something we may have missed.

classyladytwo ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 9:38 AM

Congradulations Joe you not only deserve it you also continue to produce such beautiful renders Bravo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.