Mon, Oct 7, 11:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Uploading animations ...?

PowerRoy ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 8:57 AM ยท edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 11:42 PM

Hiya, I was just wondering about ... uploading animations. I can't seem to find an "animation gallery", and it looks like the "stills" upload prefers JPG images. So ... ... where can I find animations that have been uploaded by others, and ... ... where might I be able to upload my own (and do they need to be in some particular format?) Thanks for any advice or guidance you can offer!

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 1:57 PM

Due to technical issues, for the time being all animations can be found in "Free Stuff" in the "Animation" section. Basically, you have to host the file elsewhere but you can post a link to it - similar to what they do with free stuff. In the galleries, the actual image is stored on Renderosity servers but the file size of animations makes that prohibitive. I'm still hoping that someday they'll be able to link to that section from the galleries - or at least put up notification on the main gallery page regarding how to find the animations - but it hasn't happened yet.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

PowerRoy ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 2:19 PM

Thank you, Bobasaur ... I really appreciate it! Lemme check out a few of the local anims (now that I know where they are), and maybe take a stab at putting one in there myself. Thanks again, man ... I'd have never found them without your help (I'm still kinda new around here)! -- Roy

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2004 at 3:51 PM

You're welcome. We put a lot of work into even getting things this far, and at the time it was pointed out to the PTB that people would have a hard time finding the animations if something didn't direct them to the "Free Stuff." The difference in file size between animations and stills really matters a great deal in how things can be technically accomplished. I took the opportunity to post a link to this post with a request for directions on the Galleries Main Page in the Community Center forum after I replied here. I'm still looking forward to the day when the animations can be linked to directly from within the galleries. ;-)

PowerRoy ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 8:19 AM

Cool! -- Thanks again! I took a look at a few yesterday. Oh dude, you've done some cool stuff! I'm impressed! VERY impressed! I've got several I think I'm gonna add to the fray, but I'm gonna revisit them and see if I want to get them into DivX format. Right now they are in Windows Streaming Media format, and I'm not sure, but that may pose a problem for Mac users. I'll see if I can sneak in a little time to convert them today. Thanks again, for all your help. The way to have a strong and interesting on-line community is to ... let people know about it. Being new, I can't really play a very big role in that, but ... you can -- and I sure appreciate that you ARE! Thanx again, -- Roy

Bobasaur ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 9:30 AM

Lately Windows Media file on my Mac have been bringing up a link to a page of PC software that supports some kind of media rights management thing. MS hasn't updated their Mac vversion to accomodate it I guess, Therefore, if it's easy for you I encourage you to use DivX - but put a note on the thumbnail so people who don't have the DivX software know it's required. When you see posts concerning animation, whether in this forum or in another, please don't hesitate to tell the poster about the Animation section and encourage them to post links. Maybe someday we'll have a way to post the links as well as get reviews or ratings (for those that like that sort of stuff) just like the still artists do. ;-)

brainmuffin ( ) posted Fri, 26 March 2004 at 9:02 PM

I'd like to point out, though, that before the animation section of freestuff, people just used to put their animation somewhere else and start a thread in here with the link to it. That way, we can leave comments on it. and it's kind of redundant to post it on your site, then link to it in freestuff, then post a thread here with a link to the freestuff link.... So..... Post it on your website, put a link in freestuff if you want, then link from here direct to the animation, and not the freestuff link. That way, when we come in the animation forum we can go direct to your animation, and, after viewing it, leave comments, criticism, and even ratings if we want, right in the thread you start. (It would be nice though if they could figure out a way to set it up like the 2d galleries, even if we still have to host the animations elsewhere...) I'm not really sure why the administration gave us a freestuff section for animation, when the older system worked a little bit more like the galleries.... (that whole last paragraph made me feel a bit like: Sir? Yes, dibble? I'm having my hair cut today, sir, but my brother's not going home this weekend, so do I move my clothes down to the lower peg before or after I have my chit signed sir? -Monty Python's the meaning of life) In any case, if you want comments on your animation, please post a link to it here in the animation forum. Maybe this place will finally get some action. I mean, it's not quite as dead as the Animation:Master Forum, but it's close.... (

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.