Wed, Oct 23, 12:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: P5 starts rendering itself

jonarts ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 4:40 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 12:33 AM

Hi Folks, after having a "hangup" during rendering a szene.... I closed P, restarted my computer and load the szene again to work on it,.... but during loading the szene, P5 started rendering it, without me having tell it to do so! Ok... shut down P5 again...restart the fu...ng PC again...load the damned szene....and: What the hell.... It is doing it again....and again.... and again... I will not loose this szene! I saved it.. I don't know how often....but it is...gone! Can somebody help?????? PLEASE!!!!! I'm yours if yes!!! I promise!

mustangchck18 ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 5:39 PM

Do you have the service packs installed? im not sure if its a known issue for it but ill look into it, it sounds like it would be an issue with the poser programming, it keeps thinking to pickup where it left off, when it shouldnt :) ill post back once i find more info for yah

layingback ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 5:41 PM

IIRC it was a problem with the unpatched original Poser 5. (Can't check as those posts are toast.) Get the SR4 patch from CL's site, apply and retry?

jonarts ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 5:59 PM

thanks for this input... :) but the first thing I did today was loading the SR packs... with the result that Poser did nothing more than creating error - reports to send to Microsoft g funny little application that! I'm looking forward to DAZ Studio :)

biggert ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 6:49 PM

hmm....where did you get the prog? sounds like someone tampered with the actual program..... did you run a virus check? do one just in case.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 27 March 2004 at 7:43 PM

It's not just P5. Pro Pack did that to me just two days ago. I had to stop the render. Reset the display mode, then resave the document, closed out Poser and then reopen Poser and the newly resaved document. It behaved itself then. Somehow in the crash during render it changed the display settings from Shaded Render to "Actual Render" and just kept trying to render the whole thing. Resetting your display like say, to wireframe and then back to the display setting of your choice should fix it if it's the same problem I incurred. Just be sure to resave the file with the reset Display Settings.

jonarts ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 2:44 AM

Hi again... I did the Virus check, with no virus found (thank's @ Nortons for updating me day by day :) ) I bought my prog used via e-bay (original CD with package and licence!!!) Just in case: Is there a way, except registering at CL, to find out whether I have an authorisized copy or not?? I'll try the "display setting thing" and let you know about the results.. thank you so fare for your help! J.

kaposer ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 3:09 PM

If you save the file during an unfinished render you may have that..I had once...That mean you might lose that file.

MyFreestuff    My Store

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 28 March 2004 at 7:17 PM

Yup, same thing happened to me once.........I lost the file too. 8)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.