Mon, Oct 7, 10:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 9:36 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Metaseq to terragen?

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 9:51 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 2:03 AM

In metasequoia 2,3 under the object button on top, you'll find create. This creats a 3d terrane map. Is it possable to turn this into a file that Terragen can load?

pearce ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 6:06 PM

I would be interested to know. But why bother when you've got World Machine? Mick ;)

manleystanley ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 9:40 PM

Haven't used it. Been using HME, free, and easy. It's how I sculpt my castles. But if you recomend World machine; Mick, I'll pive it a shot, you haven't steared me wrong yet.

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 1:06 PM

now if you're going in the other direction, there's something out there called 'for export only' that's a plugin for Terragen to export as a coupla different file formats..if you had a 3rd program (like Bryce, Cinema, whatever), you could probably bring them all together.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 9:08 AM

Mick,$25 ;lets see the last I checked the pound was at $1.78, thats 44.50 pounds, Is just a bit much for me now. By the time I'll have the $25 a new version will be out. I don't know if I'll have time to learn it now. I'm still tring to get a handle on TS. And even though I have 44 pounds to give away, the only monetary value of my pounds is the cost of the cookies that made them.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 8:25 PM

er, ya slipped a digit or two..it's 14 pounds..and 4 pence..if they've truly gone decimal.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 9:04 PM

sorry, reverced my math, daaaa

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 10:33 AM

no prob..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.