Tue, Oct 1, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: figure making question

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 17 April 2004 at 5:44 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 4:58 AM

Do all figures have deformations like the bulges in them? I am making a figure and the hip deforms badly when the figure bends, I have tried fixing it with the joint editor and that doesn`t work, so I thought if there are deformations in the hip for bending etc in the cr2 then there must be some way to switch them off and fix my problem.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:28 PM

thank you

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 12:36 PM

file_106195.jpg

Not all figures have Bulges, but I suspect that you would find them in a all the commertial anthropomorphic figurers. I would guess - and it is only a guess as I have never tried it - that if you open the cr2 in a text editor and do a global search and repalce of "doBulge 1" with "doBulge 0", that this would turn bulges off for the entire figure.

There are individual check boxes for Bulges in the Joint editor.

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 2:25 PM

The problem may be more with joint parameters than with bulges. Can you post a pic of the way the hip deform and tell which character you use for a basis (V2, V3, etc...) ?

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 2:43 PM

file_106196.jpg

Here is a picture of the front, I don`t want to show too much as I am making this for someone and they don`t want it shown till it is finished.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 2:45 PM

file_106197.jpg

Here is an animated gif of the side to show the bending forward and backwards. I made it wireframe so it is easier to see the distortions. I used the poser 4 default female as the base, but it was only for the bones in the setup room.

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 3:24 PM

Well, if you used the P4F bones, then you also copied the JPS. The problem is clearly a JPS to be adjusted (since your mesh is veru different from posette's). Changing the bulge settings won't do any good here I'm afraid...

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 18 April 2004 at 3:38 PM

I tried everything I can think of to fix the joint parameters, and when making the first picture here, I made the abdomen invisible and the hip bent perfectly so it must be settings in the abdomen that are wrong (the hip has hardly any settings).

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 2:33 AM

It sure looks like a JP issue more than anything else. You COULD try usinh spherical falloff zones - or turn them off if they're there and see if it helps. Can you post a pic of the bend JP's for the thighs? I have an idea of what's wrong...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:27 PM

file_106198.jpg

It probably is a joint parameter problem, I tried fixing the joints a few times and it didn`t work then I thought it might be bulges applied where I didn`t want them. The picture is the Right thigh`s joint parameters, the left are the same.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:29 PM

file_106199.jpg

This is the same picture with the spherical fall off zones, they look wrong, so maybe it is a thigh problem.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:32 PM

I think that the spherical fall off zones are just a visual aid to see how the joints work, so switching them on or off shouldn`t make any difference.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:32 PM

file_106200.jpg

I think I would have put them more like this... and with no spherical falloff zones, I've never managed to make them do any good *LOL*

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 12:35 PM

By the way, I know my grouping isn`t perfect, the abdomen has a few triangles "sticking out" at the top, I will fix that later, as well as the feet pointing slightly down.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 1:13 PM

file_106201.jpg

Ernyoka1, I tried what you said and it worked! The hip movement is not perfect yet but with adjusting the other joints I will probably be able to fine tune it. This animation shows the improvement since the first animation I did in message 6. I had to make the animation 8 colours so that it could be uploaded. The limit to an upload is 200k

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 1:42 PM

Great :o) JP's are a relatively new subject to me, so I wasn't 100% sure it would work :o) but since I found out what the lines mean I had this lightbulb-thing go off over my head G Whatever is between the red and the green angles is what is "squished"/"stretched" - verything within the same colour stays put, more or less.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.