Tue, Oct 22, 12:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Airshow Part2

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 11:12 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 12:19 AM

file_110322.jpg

Here are a few more images from the Airshow. (Used a 18-55mm, 80-200mm, and a 100-300mm lenses. Most sky shots were handheld at 300mm.) Thanks for viewing and comments. TMG

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 11:12 PM

file_110323.jpg

More...

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2004 at 11:14 PM

file_110324.jpg

And one more. Thanks again for viewing and comments! TMG

DHolman ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 12:21 AM

Excellent shots. Great shots of the normal stuff and super attention to the small detail shots. I'm planning on hitting at least one of the air shows this year and I gotta catch the Blue Angels again. -=>Donald

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 7:16 AM

file_110325.jpg

Thanks Donald. Yeah, the Golden Knights and the Thunderbirds were great! They even had a rare P2 Bomber flying there. I did not get any real good shots of it flying though, this is the best I could get. That thing flies fast! TMG

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 7:50 AM

Your pics of the aircraft in flight show up two of the common problems. 1: A high shutter speed, maybe needed with a long lens, freezes the prop. 2: Exposure coming out correct for the sky, with the plane effectively back-lit. It's frustrating. You maybe need a couple of stops over-exposure, and that will burn out the sky, even with a polarising filter. And then you can't rely on standard photoprinting, which will try to compensate. This sort of picture is really quite extreme, and automatic systems will struggle..

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2004 at 2:22 PM

I see what you mean, it was really bright out. I adjusted the levels on the flying plane ones, because the plane was dark. Thanks for the tips, gives me some things to look out for in the future! TMG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.