Wed, Sep 18, 3:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Gallery Pics

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 5:49 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 4:44 PM

Where are all of the pics in the galleries? I finally finished a picture I am proud to show and I found all of my pics not showing. I looked in a couple of other galleries and found the same thing. Just little X's in white boxes for each picture.

Swade ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 5:59 PM

Not sure... gonna check some galleries out now. Mine are all showing.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't.ย 

Aย whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 6:20 PM

Hmmmm, I checked mine out and they were all there, and I've just been cruising through the main gallery and had no probs. Could you be having a browser prob?

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 6:47 PM

yeah must be:(

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 6:59 PM

file_111008.jpg

Does anyone know how I would fix this?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 7:02 PM

The solution to missing pics, pics with a little red X, etc, etc; Log Out (don't just click the browser off) Purge you ENTIRE Temporary Internet Cache (not just cookies) Log back in *Also, with some situations, you will also need ot make sure your computers date and time are not incorrect. That should solve your problem. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Swade ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 7:06 PM

I have no problem seeing your gallery Colette. 8)

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't.ย 

Aย whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 7:24 PM

Thanks Swade.. I saw your comment..just cna't see my pictures or anyone elses..LOL AS I will try those things. THX.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 8:25 PM

We have had a lot of these problems crop up for the past, oh...6 months+, so far cleaning out the cache seems to have helped everybody. (or the date/clock thing) AS

Colette1 ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 8:41 PM

I have done everything except the clock..it is set with my TV satellite dish, would that be the right time or does it have to be same as renderosity?

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 9:23 PM
Forum Moderator

Yet I still can't see the damn banners.......!!!!!!!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

220volt ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 10:14 PM

What version of IE are you using? Try to download new version if you have old one. Make sure that your internet settings in advanced are set to default and security and privacy settings are on medium level. if that doesn't help, download new IE 6.0 SP2

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 10:40 PM

I 'x' out if I have privacy jacked all the way up. I have to allow cookies with a privacy policy to be able to see images at R'osity.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 29 May 2004 at 11:09 PM

Oh, yeah, there is that too...(allow cookies with a privacy policy to be able to see images at R'osity)...I always forget about that one. Your time doesn't have to be the same as Renderosity's at all. But if it's REALLY off like 6 hours or a day, or a month, etc. AS

Colette1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 12:29 AM ยท edited Sun, 30 May 2004 at 12:30 AM

file_111009.jpg

Okay I give up I guess it will just have to fix itself whatever it is. My clock was only 2 minutes ahead and is fixed now to exactly Renderosity time. It took some doing but I did it....LOL I have checked all of the things listed here to no avail. I will have to get my son in law over here I guess. He is my system administrator. If he can't fix it no one can. The problem is only here at Renderosity though. :/

Message edited on: 05/30/2004 00:30

Colette1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 12:42 AM

Just surfing around R'osity and noticed I can view the free stuff images. Are they different than the galleries?

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 1:29 AM

Check out your settings under 'My Profile' too just in case you don't have 'display thumbnails' selected.

Colette1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 2:22 AM

My profile is good. I am very confused. It is only the artists renders I can't view, not the thumbnails or the full sized images. I can see everything else. Even the banners and their thumbnails. Why is it just the gallery pics????

220volt ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:21 AM

Maybe if Agent Smith logs in under your name and see if he gets same error. That would tell you if the problem is on your PC or something with your Renderosity profile.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:39 AM

Do you have any background running program that controls cookies or is a pop-up ad stopper? AS

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:44 AM

file_111010.jpg

Nah, this is what it looks like when you have thumbnails turned off in your profile, not red X's AS

Colette1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 9:15 AM

Okay closed the pop up stopper, still no images. :( It is a mystery.

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 9:47 AM

That is a puzzler. If they haven't given AS or the tech crew remote diagnositc capability I only have one solution left... For $6,995 USD I will have a system delivered to your door anywhere within the continental US*, fully loaded, tested, and burned in - complete with a new (fully functional) Renderosity account, ready to go. *Taxes and tarrifs apply, AL, HI, adjoining countries and overseas shipping slightly higher.

Colette1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 10:12 AM

LOL...that would sure have to be one hellacious system! I sen t an IM to AS. Maybe if he logs in in my name we'll see what happens! If he sees pics, I don't know what else to check! I will have to bbq some mean ribs tomorrow to coax my son in law over here..:)

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 12:55 PM

That system w/b hellacious - I could even incorporate a wood-fired BBQ attachment if you'd like. ;)

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 1:04 PM

Ahhh I (and everyone else) see that you use WinMX, but what program is the icon that looks like a little crown?

Colette1 ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:01 PM

GG-It is Hallmark Card Studio. I make and sell cardsfor all occaisions. ddmiller-I would love the wood fired BBQ atachment, beats gas all to ****! Those ribs would be better than Tony Roomas!

johnyf ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:21 PM

If you use IE, go to tools - internet options - privacy -advanced and accept third party cookies. Worked for me when I had this problem!

alightningstorm ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2004 at 3:35 PM

Personally I would reset all IE defaults from security to advanced tabs. But what would help is to know when was the last time it worked and what if anything you installed or uninstalled prior to the disappearing gallery pics. Also did you play with the settings for the virus scanner or download any updates whether for windows or any other program? Oh and on the content tab make sure it (the button)says enable instead of disable.

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:08 AM

And what happens if you right click and select show picture.... It could be to do with speed settings (strange I know but if you optimise for low bandwidth IE can sometimes decide not to download images it thinks are too big - which often means all)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Colette1 ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:14 AM ยท edited Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:15 AM

Gog..That was the very first thing I tried...
Thanks all for your suggestions. We got it fixed but have no idea what was causing it to happen. We reset all the security,privacy, etc back to default states,did a deep scan of all drives, used registry mechanic to clean up useless/duped files etc. We(my son-in-law, while I watched:)) just did a major overhaul of everything and VIOLA! it is fixed. I can see pictures. I was up til 3 am just wandering through the galleries. what lovely work there is all around.
Yahoo! I can view my favorite artists again!!!

Message edited on: 06/01/2004 10:15

alightningstorm ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:33 AM

Very cool... thought it would wind up to be settings plus.. glad you are able to see the "light" :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.