Tue, Oct 22, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Wip using 2D

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 4:01 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:48 AM

file_114853.jpg

Used a 2D face in Bryce and I think it blended in well. Now if I could find a nice skin tex??????

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 4:07 AM

How about your own? or that of a loved one, and you did anexcellent job with the image....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 4:09 AM

Wow, that looks great.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 4:44 AM

I agree, it looks great, and I think you've blended the 2D into your scene very well.

rj001 ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 8:44 AM

simple and effective

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 9:12 AM

At Lunariad.com, there's a couple, along with 'real lips, real tongue'..some hair mats, etc., check it out..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Brian S. ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 11:21 AM

Looks great so far! Nice work.

ddruckenmiller ( ) posted Fri, 02 July 2004 at 1:14 PM · edited Fri, 02 July 2004 at 1:26 PM

Check out my 'Venus Arising' Doug, and let me know if you want the 'wet ass' procedural texture.

Also give a thought to pre/mid-working the 2D pic texture...

Now that you've got the set-up take a copy of your 2D into PSP, loop select the end of the trunk, hop onto maybe the dodge/burn brush, at a size about twice that of the end of the log, at maybe 68%, and with your in-process render output windowed side by side render side, start swiping at it until you've approximated the shadow falloff shown on your figure. Then use the revised texture on the plane exactly where it was. It's more time and effort, but it can yield some really sweet integrations.

Alternately, and in this case especaially you could hide the plane and drop a cylinder in to capture a reference plop for the shadow and use that as a guide, or if your placement is accurate enough you could even invert it and mask it on as an overlay for the actual shadow.

Message edited on: 07/02/2004 13:26

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 12:34 AM

This one will be on the shelf for a bit now. I did something I like much better and will post in gallery tonight after. Finally got back to Brycing a bit now. dd....huh? Wha? LOL

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.