Mon, Sep 9, 7:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Perameter Dials

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 9:04 AM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 6:36 AM

Okay, I've been trying to work with DAZ Studio, and it frustrates me so much that I keep going back to Poser. When I bring in an item, for example, a hair object that comes with lots of morphs, where on Earth are the morph dials? I've hunted and searched and cannot find those morph dials to save my life. I end up closing D|S down and going back to Poser because the morph dials are right there in plain sight. If I want to change a figure or object in DAZ Studio, does anyone out there know where those silly morph dials are hiding? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. I don't want to report this as a bug until I know for sure that they really aren't there, or if I'm just being a Blonde and not seeing them. Melanie

MallenLane ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 1:20 PM · edited Sat, 03 July 2004 at 1:23 PM

1.) Click the item you want to adjust in the hierarchy pane (upper right). You see a root figure title, and a list of descendant parts. Clicking on the root figure title will show Full Body morphs after completing the following steps. Selecting an individual part (such as the Head) will show only the morphs for that part.*

2.) After selecting your object, on the lower right side you should see the parameter pane. At the top of the pane, beside the backforward buttons, is a drop down button. Initially it will say Ungrouped**, but clicking it will bring up a list which will have Morphs in it.

3.) If you need to turn off or edit the limits, simply double click the name of the slider in question.

• also note that clicking an item in the view port works just as well. Youll notice for instance when clicking a part of the arm the hierarchy window will change to reflect that selection. In the case of morphs however its easier to select the root in hierarchy.

** the category "Ungrouped" contains scaling, translation, fit to (conform), and selection visibility options

Message edited on: 07/03/2004 13:23

Cris_Palomino ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 1:49 PM

I know it probably seems like a lot of steps at first, but now it's second hand when i do it...and if you haven't tried to pose, posing is great...I don't want to pose in Poser anymore. Cris

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 03 July 2004 at 7:39 PM

Thank you! I think you've saved my sanity. I really like the lighting in D|S better than in Poser, but until I get the hang of this thing, I still find Poser easier to work in. I'm sure that, once it's out of Beta and in full program, things will get easier. Thanks to both of you! :) Melanie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.