Thu, Oct 3, 1:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: prop saving question

logansfury ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 5:25 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:19 AM

Hello again, Im trying to compile a bouquet of roses. Ive found a very nice long-stemmed freebie and brought in a dozen of em, and spead em out reasonably nice. Problem is they are all No Figure No Actor props. Ive positioned 12 of em, and parented num 2-12 to num 1 so I can select #1 and move the whole bouquet, but when I try to save as a prop, only a single rose is saved. I know I can save this as a .pz3, but is there anyway to save it as a group prop with the parenting of the 11 roses retained to my Props library? Lastly, I need something to bundle these together, that would look like silk maybe? not sure. What the heck are bouquets that arent in vases held together with anyhow? The render in mind is medieval so all I know is it shouldnt be a modern polymer...... anyone know of a prop that sounds vaguely like what im trying to describe? Thank you for reading :) Logan

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 6:40 PM

I know you have to check each one in subset before you save. Take something like a snake or belt that are splined so you can give it a few wraps once they are scaled to fit.

logansfury ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 6:51 PM

Hello Richardson, The Subset button solved the problem, ive got my bouquet saved. Thanks for the suggestion of the belt, ill hunt around for some kind of loose sash with no buckle that can be wrapped. Have a great day :) Logan

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 7:55 PM

Buckles are not a problem as they can be made invisible. Same as anything else unwanted.

logansfury ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 8:02 PM

Thank you for reminding me! This should broaden my search results considerably :) Logan

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 3:09 AM

Er.. Usually a bouquet is just placed in the vase I think.. The vase should fit the bouquet and in that case it's not held together by anything but the vase itself. If you want to put something around them you could try using the Poser torus, adjust the "fatness" and Y-scale of it to make a broad, thin ring-like shape, then apply some satin/silk material to it.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

logansfury ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 3:13 AM

Hey thats an awesome idea!! Thank you Grrrl :) I just started another thread with a pic of the roses group. I probably didnt spend nearly as much time as I should have on it, but that is 12 of what started as an identical prop. Does it look realistic? Logan

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 4:02 AM

Yeah your bouquet looks great! Hard to believe it's the same rose x 12. I answered in the other thread too with some more suggestions :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

logansfury ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2004 at 4:09 AM

Ive been workin with the torus, ima gonna start corresponding and posting progress on the other thread only :) Ill have a pic shortly im doin some tweaks Logan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.