Wed, Sep 18, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: A blast from the past...

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 3:13 AM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 6:51 AM

file_116886.jpg

Working some more with my old buddy the Dragonflyer again (This is the second image I've done with this little fellow in the past week): stealing bits of texture from some of the old Changing Fantasy Suit and a bit from the old Olympian textures and a little more from my own library of texture scans. I dont know why I have such fascination for these older models: maybe it's because they come from an era where you had to really work the model to make it look like something decent. You couldn't just take it out of the box and throw a few clothes on it with some prepackaged textures; you had to really dig into the template and make it your own by building textures that would enhance what's already there in the mesh. That's not meant as a slam, BTW. There are some amazing texture artists out there these days who are creating some extraordinary stuff. But at the same time, there's a certain joy in doing it yourself, sorta like the difference between going to a fine restaurant or going wild with the oregano at home. A few other notes: the Captain America boots from animotions. The turban from the Costume lab, with a fabric texture applied to the wrap. The spear from the Woodland Warriors collection. The background was built entirely in Photoshop and no doubt looks it. And everything on the Dragonflyer was re-textured, from pants to jacket to gloves to skin. It seems, BTW, that he's no longer available at DAZ. That's a pity, actually.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 3:16 AM

file_116887.jpg

Here's another, demonstrating how he works with some of the older PoserStyle stuff, like the CyberRonin boots and visor and the Hussian soldier's sword. Again, everything on the figure was completely retextured, from top to bottom.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 10:33 AM

Cool. Just goes to show what a difference a few good textures can make.:) sigh Now, if only I were better at texturing...

3ddave44 ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 2:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.citizendave.com/tothebridge.mov

Funny you brought him up... I'm working with him on an animation and I just got to making a texture for him today. I like the work you did on your textures. I discovered that he has some fairly decent face morphs,brow morphs in particular. (Speaking of the brows - there doesn't seem to be an area for texturing them on the template...) And in searching for the template, I too discovered that he doesn't appear to be at DAZ anymore and had to go to my archives.

Thanks for the notion that I can change the boots, hair, etc.

Click the link above if you want to see the animation test I made with him untextured. It will all be redone in the end. It's a 5.4 MB QuickTime file.

: ) Dave

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 17 July 2004 at 5:23 PM

OUCH! That finger through the sword hilt has GOT to hurt!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.