Mon, Sep 9, 4:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Psssst please tell me what you think

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 3:02 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 1:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=717560&Start=1&Sectionid=1&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNe

file_117011.jpg

I've done an image for the pinup contest which is running in the Poser forum during July. Now before you all go ballistic, I know it's in the Poser gallery, and I know some folk's here don't like the other place very much, but I'd like to get feedback from my friends 'cos you tell it like it is. Hope you won't sulk and that you like what I've done. 8) Catlin

PJF ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 3:26 PM

Catlin, I'm going to withhold comment on the artistic aspect, because that is being crowded out by a technical aspect. You need to enable anti-aliasing for the render. The image is suffering from jaggies everywhere.

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 3:37 PM

I agree with PJF, it needs anti-alis on,also the brick texture seems low rez compared to the rest of the textures in the image(it drew attention immediately).Also the back ground(a black hole?),maybe use a image that matchs the foreground.

I eat babies.

electroglyph ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 4:22 PM

I think you need a fine strong lad with temperate ways. Oh Darn, you already have one. The face seems yellow while the body seems pinker. You can change the body color a bit in poser and it will affect the applied texture or maybe try some softer yellows or pink lights from below. The highlight white spots in the eyes would be character's right not left for the lightsource to be casting a shadow on the brick. Maybe kick up the reflection on the lips a litle more. Or apply a streaked up version as an actual reflection map. They're too smooth there's no highlight. I agree with the antialias but some of that is just the Kyoko hair MK2.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 7:26 PM

Well it was rendered at 300dpi so it must be the after effects of the jpg process. The color difference in the skin for face and body comes from the makeup I think, but it looks ok when rendered in Poser so I'm not sure why it should look so much different on the web. The do's and don'ts of the contest say to use one prop in the scene and I wanted the background dark to make it look like she's coming out of a dead space. Maybe I could darken the pillar texture to fill the gap between black and light. 8) Catlin

ocddougdotcom ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 7:56 PM

I'd make the shadows darker myself. Great pic ;-)

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 11:44 PM

Speakin' about Bakersfield, she reminds me of the girl Mick and "the boys" were singin' about in their song "The girl with far away eyes".

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 4:20 AM

Wow, this is great, I love the realism. Sharen

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 5:36 AM

If it was rendered at 300 dpi, when you re-sampled down to the size posted what algorythm did you select. With photoshop you can select 'Nearest Neighbour', 'Bilinear' and 'Bicubic'. If you use the nearest neighbour selection it tends to introduce jaggies, it may be worth doing a re-size and re-save using a bicubic sample?

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2004 at 9:06 AM

Well here's a big DOH!! from me, I really shouldn't post things to the gallery when I'm half asleep. It turns out that the image I posted was the original render I did for a test, not the 300dpi version. The thing that pointed me to this fact was what electroglyph said about it being the hair, in the final image I raised the hair a bit 'cos it was too deep in the head. So now I got to wait until tomorrow to edit it 'cos it's refusing to update at the moment. 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.