Wed, Sep 18, 12:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: Crashing to Desktop

seaayre ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2004 at 3:13 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 6:31 AM

So I got my new computer (Pentium 4 running XP Pro, 3.4 GHz, 2GM Ram, 256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 XT graphics card)and thought maybe it would be okay to run Daz Studio on that. I loaded it, got the preset scene, tried to render it, and immediately crashed to my desktop. Poof. :( I was hoping to learn how to use D/S enough to at least import Poser scenes into Bryce through it, but this is a bad sign. Any thoughts on what I can do other than just delete it? :)

Message edited on: 08/10/2004 15:14

cuba ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 7:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html

Hmmm.... you probably need a more powerful computer than that to be able to run D|S :) Seriously though, that is a pretty decent rig... Well, I suppose you could play around with the settings in the render options and see if that does anything. Try rendering just one figure or prop and see if that works (although that system should be able to handle anything you throw at it without problems).

Is your system updated? Win XP patches and service releases (SP2 recently came out, but I hear it's buggy). Also graphics drivers and so on. Other than that I don't know, send a bug report, wait for the next version.

The link is to a page that has the most important Windows patches and updates.

seaayre ( ) posted Wed, 11 August 2004 at 7:37 PM

I always get all the updates as they come out. The drivers I am not sure about. I thought the newest ones would have been installed on the system when it was built, but maybe not. I know how that works. :D I left a message in the Daz forum too. I'll see what they say there. Thanks for the suggestions!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.