Mon, Sep 9, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Problems with the girls breasts (almost nudity)

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 5:32 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_125086.jpg

Hello all... I bought the Girls Resort add on as well as the girl cowl add on. Both of them have issues with her left breast (right as we look at her). For some reason, in many poses, her breast pokes through. And I don't mean a little. I have not altered her body shape at all. Also, in other positions, I lose other portions of her clothing around the breast (even the strap fpr the "bra' effect I am going for with the cowl). This happens on either her right or left breast. I have attached a picture showing the big issue. I have her wearing the cowl with a lot of the default transparencies to make a bikini top style and I also have her wearing the default bikini top from the girls resort collection. You will see that both items are poked through in the same spot. Shouldn't these items actually fit her "out of the box"? Isn't that why we buy things like this? Sorry if i seem upset, but I thought that Daz items had finally moved beyond this point. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you, --Eryk

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 6:14 AM

Let me guess.... Poser 5? bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Hawke ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 7:03 AM

I dn't have this particualr outfit but stuff like this is a known prob with GIRL and Poser5. If there aren't any JCM or morphs dials in the top for you to tweak you should be able to fix that with a magnet in about 10mins. Select the specific part of the clothes where you have poke though and create a magnet. Orient the magnet by selecting it's base, position it so the base is roughly intersecting the problem area. Now go and select the mag zone, centre it on the area of pokethrough and scale it down to what seems a reasonable radius. Select the magnet and move it using the positon dials to stretch the top over the breast. You will have to fine tune the size of the mag zone and position of the magnet but it should work ok. When your finished just make all the mag componets invisible in the properties window.

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 10:30 AM

You can use the lBreast as a body handle to help with the fit. A little pulling and resizing and it should work.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 11:01 AM

slightly offtopic, but is there anywhere i could see the Girl's mesh? or a screencap in wireframe mode? the image you posted looks like an awfully heavy mesh.

buddy36s ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 11:09 AM

If you are using P5 and the product has JCM's in its cr2 file then here is a fix: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=7101 this fix can be applied to any conforming clothes' cr2 file not just the GIRL's catsuit that this topic is talking about.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 8:22 PM

file_125087.jpg

Here is what her mesh looks like, not too "heavy", as you can see. ;-) Even if your on Poser 5, I don't know what is happening, if the matching JCM in the top isn't working both should poke through. It looks like maybe the figure's left brest is bent down a tad (the Girl has posable breasts, bear in mind).

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2004 at 10:14 PM

Thank you all for your replies and please excuse my ignorance. Yes, I am using Poser 5. What is a JCM? I did find that by positioning the callor for that breast with a dial, I was able to fix it. However, this still does not explain the situation. if I pose her in various ways, I lose the "strap" of the "bra" in her skin, or th etop of her breast pokes out. I am not profecient enough with magnets to make that work, and I dont know how to use a body handle. :( Is this just how it is or am I missing something? Thanks for all the great responces, you helped me in positioning the collar to fix the issue for the current situation.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 9:12 AM

JCM = joint controlled morph the earlier millennium figures, such as vicky 1-2, has problems with joints when you posed them. for example, when you raised their arms above their heads, they looked unnatural. a joint controlled morph is a special morph that is controlled by a joint's movement. so now, with vicky 3, when you raise her arms above her head a JCM is gradually applied to lift/stretch her breast up as well, so it looks more natural. an easier example would be a JCM for a bicep muscle. you can create a JCM that will 'flex' a bicep when you bend an arm. as the arm bends, it gradually applies the morph - so slight arm bends result in a slightly flexed bicep, and a full bend results in the full morph. you can find more info on them on nerd's site. an important thing to remember though, is that in order for most JCM clothing to work, the figure you are conforming them to needs to be figure 1. if youre loading another figure first, they wont work... but that wouldnt explain why one boob is conforming and the other isnt, its probably what jim said and one of the breasts is 'posed'. heh, poseable breasts.. now ive seen everything :)

Calseeor ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 9:23 AM

Blackhearted, thanks for teh detailed explination on this. That all makes sense to me now. I will check out Nerd's site for sure. Thanks again, --Eryk

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 9:33 AM

np. yeah i forgot to mention that for every figure that has JCMs in it, the conforming clothing has to match those JCMs in order to conform. this is why its such a joy to make conforming clothing for, say, vicky 3 or stephanie 3 - you have to make morphs on your clothing for all of her JCMs and then code it into the CR2. fun stuff. :(

Calseeor ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2004 at 10:07 AM

Sounds "fun". I don't think I could do that sort of thing, sounds tedious. Which is why I love all you great modelers and texture makers out there. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.