Mon, Sep 9, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Making a freebie

casey_42 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 8:00 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:15 PM

file_128143.jpg

Where would be the best place to get info on how to package and distribute free props? Would anyone be interested in my UFO, a low poly count prop, exterior only, good for animations. Casey_42 the Old Newbie EZ Duz it.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 3:20 AM

If it has no textures etc, then just put it in a zip with a readme saying how to use it and that you own the copyright for it and anything else that you want to say about it.

casey_42 ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 5:35 AM

Just the .obj file would be sufficient then? And thank you for answering.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 6:38 AM

The object file would be enough since you don`t have poser, I am sure that most people could work out how to import it and use it, just make sure that it is clearly stated that it is a wavefront object and not a poser prop (pp2).

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 6:40 AM

I could convert it to a poser prop if you want then I could send you it back to make that available.

casey_42 ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 9:58 AM

Xantor, Thank you very much, as I have no web site to host it on I would have to email it to everyone that wanted it anyway, but I sure would appreciate it anyway, and someone to test it in all the versions of Poser would be great too.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 9:49 AM

file_128144.jpg

The first ufo has a small problem in the picture, it looks like an extra polygon in the object but there arent any extra polygons, maybe someone else knows how to fix this? The second ufo worked perfectly with no problems.

casey_42 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 12:31 PM

wings put that in there somehow, I haven't found out how to get it out yet. I should have turned the default by 180 degrees y to hide it I guess :)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 12:38 PM

I was going to suggest turning it to hide the mistake ;)

casey_42 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 1:38 PM

file_128145.jpg

Here is the promo pic I am thinking of using. Looking for a link I saw somewhere with a form to fill out for a read me file.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 2:54 PM

You don`t need the form for things that are for sale, as long as you say that the objects are your copyright and say if they are for commercial use or not that should be enough. You can put instructions for use in as well, of course.

casey_42 ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 11:45 PM

Got a host, not sure when it will be on the site yet, NightStar was kind enough to agree to host it for me, will let you know when I have a link.

casey_42 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2004 at 8:49 AM

http://homepage.mac.com/nightstar3d/.cv/nightstar3d/Public/Poser%20UFOs.zip-link.zip Hope people get some enjoyment out of them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.