Sat, Jul 6, 12:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 05 2:46 pm)

Subject: Second Test Render: Daz/Poser Comparison

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 10:01 AM ยท edited Wed, 26 June 2024 at 8:28 AM

Okay, here's another one. Created in Daz Studio, then imported as .obj into Poser. A side-by-side comparison with full production notes. No background this time so you can better judge the lighting quality. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=765789&Start=1&Artist=Byrdie&ByArtist=Yes I must say, I'm much more optimistic about this program than when I first tried it a few months back. Anyways, let me know what you think.

casey_42 ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 11:44 AM

It sure shows the problems of switching between Poser and DAZ|Studio.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 12:11 PM

Yes, but remember I didn't import the Bryce .obj that D/S created the correct way using the plug-in, since I don't have it. (Why buy it since I don't own Bryce?) That may have caused most of the trouble there. If anyone has all three programs and would care to do a similar test run, it'd be very helpful indeed.

casey_42 ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 12:41 PM

It sure would, hope they get some of the bugs wored out before going public with the new version.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 4:36 PM

They wont have all the bugs worked out til version 1.0 is out and even then you will probably find some bugs still lurking. This isn`t a complaint about daz or the program.

PickersAngel ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 7:41 PM

...and it's not a problem at all, for those of us who don't use Poser. LOL!!! I'm not sure what the object is here--is some of the content not available in Poser format, thus the need to export from D|S and import into Poser? If it can be directly used in Poser and that's the final destination, why use D|S at all? Just for the faster render speed?

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 8:36 PM

It would be good to be able to pass figures and props between poser and daz and by the way, poser is usually faster rendering.

Farside ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2004 at 12:36 AM

D|S looks like it's still a good year at least away from coming close to where it needs to be to leave the Beta stage. It still has probably 10x the issues that Poser 5 had when it was first released and as a program it isn't even close in performance.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.