Wed, Sep 25, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Save Multiple Figures as Single File?

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 8:20 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:16 PM

How do I save three figures I have in a scene as a single "figure" (or file of whatever kind) so I can import it into a new scene? Can I do this without parenting anything, etc?

Richard T ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 8:47 PM · edited Thu, 23 September 2004 at 8:50 PM

Just Save the file as normal (PZ3) Then import it (Import:Pose Document/Prop) You will need to reset the lights and possibly the camera. Just keep in mind that with lots of figures the scene gets very large quickly so you may be better off composting the final pic in a paint ptogram (just save the Poser renders as Tiff's so they can come into your paint program with alpha channels intact).

Message edited on: 09/23/2004 20:50

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 9:02 PM · edited Thu, 23 September 2004 at 9:05 PM

Believe me I know they add up quickly. I'm running a sub-gigahertz AMD with paleo-RAM. :(

When you say I'll need to reset the lights and the camera, you mean the camera and light positions and settings of the original pz3 file won't carry over, right?

Oh, and saving as TIFFs - can I do that through copy picture (and paste into IrfanView then save as TIFF) or should I render to a new window and save that?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Message edited on: 09/23/2004 21:05

Richard T ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 9:23 PM

They carry through however the lights appear to be added to any existing lights. After importing I usually delete all the lights (Python Script in Pro Pack) and the set the light up for the final render. I don't copy the picture I just render into a new window and save the tiff. I am using Paint Shop Pro 7 (PSP) and not familiar with Ifran View. Have a look at: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=658901&Start=19&Artist=Richard+T&ByArtist=Yes (Love) For an example. The figures an vegetataion layers are all seperate renders and composited in PSP

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 9:45 PM

Okay, I was afraid that's what you meant. That's no biggie though. I don't use IrfanView for real work, just as a quick (very low resources required) image viewer. I've been pasting my renders into it for saving but now that I've used P5's save function I like it better. I can't check out your example now, I'm on a 56k and am currently downloading a number of files. It takes a while just for refreshing/posting here.

Richard T ( ) posted Thu, 23 September 2004 at 10:07 PM

That's Ok. I'm on Cable and running A Pemtium4-2.6GH with 1GB Ram and still run into problems from time to time. smile

Svigor ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 12:42 PM

sigh I just haaaad to know all that right? :-D I've had cable and dsl at different residences, and I miss them both. long wistful sigh

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2004 at 2:01 PM

If you want to save multiple figures to the Figures pallet and have them load unparented, you can save them parented, then text edit the resulting cr2 to remove the parenting.

Use Set Figure Parent to parent all other figures to to the body of one figure. Save the parent figure to a pallet using the "Whole Group" option.

Open the resulting cr2 in a text editor. Search for the string "actor BODY:". Eventually you should come across somthing that looks like this (the actor number ":#" may be diffrent):

actor BODY:2<br></br>    {<br></br>   name    GetStringRes(1024,1)<br></br>        off<br></br> bend 1<br></br>      dynamicsLock            1<br></br>   hidden          0<br></br>   addToMenu       1<br></br>   castsShadow             1<br></br>   includeInDepthCue               1<br></br><br></br>  channels<br></br>            {

Replace the line marked in red above with this line "parent UNIVERSE". Keep repeating the Search untill you have found all instances of "actor BODY:" and replaced the associated instances of "parent BODY:#" with "parent UNIVERSE".

NOTE: If you are using Poser5, you will have to have it set to save you files in uncompressed format which results in a cr2 file, otherwise you will end up with a crz which can't be text edited.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.