Wed, Sep 25, 3:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Hair Conversion Tutorial?

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 5:16 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:03 PM

This is a repost, I searched back about six pages and I couldn't find my prior post. Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to create a morph to fit hair to a new figure?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 6:52 AM

Unless you're fitting to a radically different figure (like putting normal person's hair on a toon figure, perhaps) you probably won't even need a morph. Scaling and translation usually does the job for prop type hair. If the figure you're fitting to has a funny shaped head :) then the magnets should do the trick. Is there a particular conversion you have in mind?

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 2:13 PM

I'm thinking of hair where "close" doesn't cut it, like Cool Coils. I was trying to fit the CC to V PT and no amount of tweaking would make it fit. I'd also like to convert Kozaburo's hair to M Girls and Mike. Btw, are there any buzzcuts available for Vic? Think Susan Powter here, if you remember her from her brief fame some years back. I keep reading that magnets are what I want to use, but I don't know magnets at all. I tried Traveller's mag tut but right off the bat I got very different results (the transforms he gave resulted in magnets way off from what he showed in his pics) and gave up after a short bit. I want to try geep's mag tut before trying to make Traveller's tut work. In a nutshell, how would mags work here? Is it as simple as creating a magnet from the target object (destination head) and then applying it to the hair I intend to convert?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 2:52 PM

I have a magnet tutorial as well. ;)

You can't create a magnet from something, unfortunately; if you could, this sort of thing would be a whole lot simpler.

I should expand on what I said earlier. Hair from the hair library should be straightforward - but conforming hair, like some of Koz's that lives in the Figures library is a different matter because you have also to adjust the joint centres.

As an example of what's possible, have a look at my Flo Hair. This conforming hair comes with a set of poses which will fit it to Posette; Vicki 1, 2 and 3; The PreTeen Girl; and Maya Doll. These operate by setting scaling, a morph target (made with magnets) which adjusts scalp shape, and adjusting the joint parameters. If you have conforming hair to refit, you can try the Flo fitting poses - they should get you reasonably close, maybe with a bit of magnetization to finish off with.

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2004 at 5:38 PM

Good stuff, I DLed the tut and I'm downloading the very nice-looking hair. How'd I miss that freebie? Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.