Wed, Sep 25, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Hide specific polys?

Svigor ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 4:48 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 5:40 PM

I've made a four-armed demon out of two V3s but I need a way to make parts of the left and right collars invisible. Is there a way to do this, maybe with the Grouping Tool?

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 5:02 PM

file_133583.JPG

Sure. Just hit New Group, give it a name, select the facets you want, then (most important) hit Assign Material. Give the material a name, then you can treat it like any other matl, and make it transparent. Here's a quick example from selecting two facets of the Ball.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 5:04 PM

The grouping tool is the way to go. Select the polygons you want to make invisible in the Grouping Tool and assign a new material (name the new material Invisible). Then change the Invisible material (P5 material room or P4 material dialog) with specular and diffuse colors black, specular value zero, and transparency at 100%.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 5:05 PM

Sorry, crosspost with ockham.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Svigor ( ) posted Sun, 10 October 2004 at 6:39 PM

Awesome, thanks guys!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.