Sat, Sep 21, 3:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: December Challenge Posted Here.

GeorgeD ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2000 at 8:11 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:59 PM

Ok since a few people requested one here it is. Theme: Holiday/Christmas/Seasonal Taking one of the following phrases/Words create an image which you feel best represenst that phrase/Words. You may use any software, models and textures to complete this challenge. The Phrases/Words: Bah Humbug! Jack Frost Nipping at your Nose Ole Saint Nick The Stockings were hung by the chimney with care... Winter Wonderland Happy Holidays The deadline for this challenge is December 31st. Enjoy, GeorgeD

voodooninjax ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2000 at 9:00 AM

Maybe some of the artists here would be more into the challenge if there was a prize, like something from the store. Is there someone who would generously give to charity? LOL, speaking of dead forums, What is up with the Photoshop Forum? Doesn't anyone else use it but me? Come on people, let's have some fun, huh? I for one ,George, have already begun my image for the challenge. I just wish there was alot more participation. I loved the idea for Oct. but I got here too late, I might even still do it anyway. Let's do this people. Let's make this the biggest act of participation that the arena has ever seen. What'dya say? Voodoo

voodooninjax ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2000 at 9:01 AM

did that sound like a rant? If it did I'm sorry, I was just feeling patriotic (watched Braveheart last night). ]:)~

GeorgeD ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2000 at 12:56 PM

The point of the Challenges is just that...a Challenge...not a contest. I can make up some graphic prizes for people to post on their site similar to the ones given out in the Rhino Forum but actual prizes make this into a contest forum not a challenge forum. As far as the Photoshop forum goes, I have a few ideas on how to spice it up a bit. But until this forum picks up on participation I can't see putting the effort into challenges there just yet. I'll know better on what to do after I see some results in here. It sounds rude but you have to see it from my point of view. Would you want to put in time on ideas, challenges and other things when nobody participates? I doubt it. I don't think the challenges I've posted so far are hard to complete. If they are please let me know. I'm trying to cover topics that might interest everyone. Heck...I let you guys design the Challenge here last month and nobody did it. This forum was hot the first few months it was open...lets see it back to where it was then. If anyone has some ideas of future challenges start a thread on it and maybe we can make up a 6 month calender of challenges from say January to June. That way people know way in advance what to expect and can start early on it. Please let me know, GeorgeD

Xurge ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2000 at 6:52 PM

I'll join in on this one. I got some free time due to the holidays and will definetelly have time to support this forum. I remember when it started, there were triangle chalenges going on continuously. I don't know what happenned but it all died. I wish it was back. This was a lot of fun and it challenged you to do something out of someone else's imagination which is what will happen if you get imto this industry. I hope some more members get back in here.

Xurge ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2000 at 6:57 PM

GeorgeD, Back when it all started, I did a triangle challenge which was to do a scene from your favorite movie. Maybe we could do it as a monthly challenge later. Everybody has that favorite scene from their favorite movie. Sergio

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2000 at 3:12 AM

maybe we need to have a place where you can put your name down for a challenge, and then people can pick your name and give you challenges? that way the people that want to be challenged are readily available? SewerRat

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2000 at 10:27 AM

SewerRat, that was the purpose of the Arena Players list... :-)

SewerRat ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2000 at 8:08 PM

heh, that'll teach me not to pay attention =) too many forums, too little time

Chcicken_Soup ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 7:08 AM

I think I'll do a pic. for this challenge... after having Poser/Bryce for 3-4 months I think I can do something acceptable... -Chicken Soup

phenalli ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2000 at 11:19 AM

i think i will get involved too, i may have a few ideas......

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 8:32 AM

Dhartung, there are no losers in the Challenge Forum; anyone who comes up with something passable and LEARNS SOMETHING in the process wins. Everyone else breaks even.. ;-)

ssj4wilson ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 5:51 PM

what is a prefferable size to be posted? in pixels?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.