Thu, Oct 3, 8:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Michael 2 has Little Hands

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 6:15 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 8:25 AM

Hi all, Has anyone else noticed that M2 has chubby, stunted little hands. I've never noticed this before, but it sure looks strange. Has anyone tried to address this ? regards, Andrew

Jeff01 ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 8:49 AM

Yes. Search on "propagating scale" in this forum.

dbowers22 ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 9:06 AM

The irony is Stephanie has "man hands" (Seinfeld) Maybe someone can make a python script to swap Miachael and Stephanie's hands.

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 3:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=554072

I looked for "propagating scale" and found the attached link (amongst others). It all makes sense, except I was wondering how you can select numerous body parts at once (pt 3. - "Select every individual group but hands and the digits") ?

Jeff01 ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 4:37 PM

I've gotten this one to work: Propagating Scale Fix -- Fix by bloodsong on 3/3/02 16:00

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 5:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=584242

I don't know if I would call this a fix. In the image, there is still a sharp transition between the hand and the forearm. The alternative way (to rescale everything except the hands and digits) seems preferable to me. But that leaves me with the question I posed previously, and that is - is it possible to select multiple body parts at once in order to re-scale them ?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2004 at 7:03 PM

Yes, and guess what, M3 also has cute little hands and feet, even though I told daz about the problem before they'd finished him. Even when you muscle him up his hands and feet are still so cute and petite. Now if you want a muscle man you can use freak, but guess what? HIs hands are freakishly large and they can't be changed either. What if we just want a really big tough looking muscular guy? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Jeff01 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 2:37 PM

file_140403.jpg

Do what's comfortable for you. The propagating scale technique involves editing the CR2 file and adjusting the tricky taper dial on the forearm. But then it's done and the hand poses nicely after that. In the picture, the right hand is normal and the left hand is scaled up. Both hands are the same distance from the head.

Regards,

Jeff

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 3:05 PM

Jeff, What scale and taper settings did you use ? ... and did you save these settings back as part of the CR2 ? regards, Andrew

Jeff01 ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 3:41 PM

Andrew, Sadly no, I didn't save a thing. But I just quickly loaded up myMichael2. That's a saved figure of mine which is Michael2 with the propagating scale fix. Adjusted as follows: Left Hand Scale: 120% Left Forearm Taper: -9% Saved to the figures library as myMichael2_BigHand. Started fresh with a new document. Loaded myMichael2_BigHand. And he still had the big hand with the above settings. Have fun, Jeff

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2004 at 11:26 PM

What?!?! Do you expect more from a castrated male figure?

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 1:12 AM

ah the old hand size is proportional to that other size myth...

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 3:58 AM

Thanks for your help, Jeff01 :)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 7:20 AM

"Myth?!? Myth?" Says angry man. "Yes" Says very disatisfied woman.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.