Wed, Sep 25, 3:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: Restore default lights in P5?

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 3:46 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 4:03 AM

I could've sworn I saw a freebie here that deletes all lights and restores default P5 lights, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where I could find this?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 3:59 PM

Nope, but you could do the following: Save your own preferences and add them to a UI dot. Restore factory settings, then save the light set out to the Lights library. Restore your own preferences from the UI dot.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 5:35 PM

I kind of figured I should try just saving the default light set before posting this. :D I wasn't aware that loading the default lights would delete all the existing lights, although I knew it was a possibility. I'm curious though, why would I need to do all the rest? Can't I just open Poser, save the lights, and use that set whenever I want to return to default lighting?

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 5:38 PM

Hmmm, I guess not. Okay, I'll try it your way.

Svigor ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 5:40 PM

Okay, I have the Light Panel script (Ockham I think), so I just delete all lights then use my saved default lights. That seemed to work okay.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 5:59 PM

The reason I suggested all of the above was in case you used a heavily customised Poser workspace with a weird light setup. That way, you wouldn't lose your own settings when you revert to factory settings. Glad you got the light set, anyhow.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Svigor ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 1:26 PM

Naw, I'm a light noob. I've only played with the lights a bit, the only time I use complex lighting, it's canned - someone else's setup I downloaded.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 09 December 2004 at 3:41 PM

The Light Setter has an option to delete all lights. The Light Panel (the one previously recommended) does not.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.