Mon, Oct 21, 10:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: P5 material room and options?

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 4:42 AM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 7:00 PM

Hi, I'm sure this question has been around here before, but I didn't find fully satisfying answers yet. Seeing the real skin shader, I got an idea how powerful this material room is. I read the P5 manuel and I am totally confused by the amount of options you have. So what I'm searching for is not a mere tutorial but also some kind of best practice report. I simply need as much examples as possible (water, rocks, wood,...). Bought already the real skin shader, but there is much more to explore. Any hint is appreciated. Thanks a lot - Singular3D

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 6:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.stewreo.de/poser/

RDNA has some really good free materials, and their P5 forum contains some very helpful information. The materials that came with P5 are also a nice reference. I also have a few tutorials on my web site.

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 8:07 AM

Thanks a lot, stewer. This looks really helpful and seems to be a good start.

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 8:31 AM

WOW stewer your tutorials and info Rock! Thanks so much for sharing all of your valuable knowledge. cheerio lululee

ariannah ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 11:23 AM

Singular, as stewer suggested, be sure and check out RDNA's Poser 5 forum and search for their Material Room "node by node" threads. There's an incredible amount of information there that has greatly helped me. The folks there are very helpful and knowledgable regarding P5.

Oh and enjoy! You are in for a rare treat exploring all P5's material room has to offer. Just be patient while gettng a handle on all the nodes and their specific functions. In time, I'm sure you'll begin to see all the options available!

arry :)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 4:23 PM

Thanks too all. Have to go through this unbelievable amount of information...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.