Tue, Oct 8, 9:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Episode 5 "Sir Spandex" and new website, forum board

ajvelez ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 1:05 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 9:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ajvelez.com

Hello, how are you? AJ has posted a new animated cartoon for this week, you can check it out here:

Windows Media
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=321632&T=48

Quicktime/MP4
http://ajvelez.com

Based on your comments we have redesigned the website and added some new features such as a forum board for you to post links to your own work! We would like to earnestly thank everyone who has made comments or collaborated on projects, they certainly have contributed to our growth! We try very hard to integrate even the smallest criticism and we appreciate your time and thoughts. Please continue to do so.

I would like to personally thank everyone who has taken the time to watch my cartoons and make a comment, I cannot tell you how much it has inspired me to become a top quality animator. I have designed a forum board for exactly that, to post a link to your work and get that valuable feedback. There is no substitute for having someone else critique your work. AJ Velez.

Bongo ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 8:09 PM

Spandex is a fun piece. I have a question about acidplanet. DO you give up copyright by posting on their board. THe TOA (terms of agreement) would suggest to me that you do.

ajvelez ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 1:12 AM

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to check out my cartoon. I am not a legal expert, however I am a CPA, so here goes:

By submitting material to the site SONY gets to use my stuff for free in certain (promotional compilations, advertising of the site & their products) situations bla, bla, bla. However, Item C of the Audio Visual Submission Agreement states:

C - OWNERSHIP

You will retain ownership of the copyrights and all other rights in and to your Materials, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us under this Agreement. We will retain ownership of the copyrights to the compilations or other promotional items we may produce. You are free to grant similar rights to others, both during and after the term of this Agreement.

The promo comps are not sold, they are included free with certain product sales.

So, my answer is, no I don't give up the copyright of my material however I do grant SONY certain license to use my stuff in exchange for storing my files on their site.

Sorry to sound so stuffy, I deal with this legal/contract stuff everyday. I am trying to migrate into cartooning though. Thanks again!

AJ

Bongo ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 8:45 AM

Thanks AJ. Actually the BEST thing that could happen is SONY using your material in their promoition. If anything that clause should be an INCENTIVE to putting stuff on their site.

ajvelez ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 9:52 AM

I think you are right! Hey, right after I posted that last night I thought of some additional comments I wanted to add. I use SONY Acid Pro 5 to make my sound files but for the video stuff I use Adobe products. My guess is that they would want to promo someone who uses their Vegas Video. So, if I switch software I might have a chance at the big time! I thought there was something else I wanted to say but I guess that's it.

AJ

Bongo ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 7:19 PM

btw I like the smpte leader flash on your site. Where did you get it, or did you make it?

ajvelez ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:59 AM

Adobe Premiere Pro makes the leader and the color bars automatically. They are just sound and video calibration tools. I thought they would give the site a "broadast/film" ambience. I exported the leader as avi and opened it in After Effects to make a swf. The bars I just exported as bmp and resized in Photoshop, although it has that monotone beeeeeeep that goes with it. I felt that was a little too much. Also, the flying Camaro I made in Poser 4 Pro Pack, exported as avi and then brought that into Acid Pro 5 to add the drum track, then converted to swf in After Effects.

nemirc ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 11:04 AM

I can't wait for part two ^__^

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

ajvelez ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 11:41 AM

Thank you very much for your comments. I am really grateful to everyone who has watched my stuff and especially to those who have made remarks since it is the feedback that has kinda guided me along here. I just started making these cartoons in Dec. 2004 and it is very satisfying. I fixed the website problem with the left side navbar and I put a new flash animation on the main page. I am going snowboarding for a week here so take care!

AJ

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.