Mon, Oct 21, 8:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 7:10 pm)

Subject: Scratch-like Poser 5 rendering artifacts. What's causing this?

Berserga ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 3:24 PM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 8:35 AM

file_175854.jpg

OK Firefly gurus (Ya know I'm looking at you Stewer) can somebody tell me what is causing these $#%^&*#@! Artifacts in my renders?

I have found that turning anti-aliasing (all types... but I usually use gaussian) down to 1 gets rid of it (It doesn't show up in draft renders because of that.) But having a jaggy animation isn't really a real solution. Conversely turning up AA makes the artifacts worse.

any ideas?

This is really frustrating me.

Message edited on: 01/28/2005 15:26

westryde ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 8:48 PM · edited Fri, 28 January 2005 at 8:52 PM

Could it be that there is a small edge to the texture tile? Have you tried rotating the texture 90 degrees? If there is a small edge on the top or bottom of the tile the white line would become a vertical one. However, looking at the pic again I can see that that not the problem as some of the marks extend beyond the grey texture into the wall.

Message edited on: 01/28/2005 20:52

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 3:49 AM

I used to experience this problem occasionally in P5, but can't seem to replicate it any more. What's your version number?

gmadone ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 9:28 AM

Try adjusting your render window size by a pixel or two.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.