Thu, Oct 3, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Questions on Pose library.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 11:36 PM · edited Wed, 17 July 2024 at 4:48 PM

Hi, I've managed to overlaod my pose library and now find it hard to open some folders. Is it possible to clean it up by taking all those !dazM3 and !DazV3 folders, putting all their files into one folder? I know it won't work to put the folders into one main folder but if I just put files together into one folder? I'm using Poser Pro pack. I'll bet there are about thirty or forty of those !Daz folders for apiece for M3 and V3...sigh. Thanks for any advice.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 9:25 PM

Yes, it can be done. But be careful, P4/PP can't handle more than 255 items per folder. There's another thing to watch out for: the !INJ All Morphs and !REM All Morphs poses (the V3 ones) do not call the hidden pose files in the !DAZ folders directly off the runtime, they call the normal pose files in the Pose libraries. You'll have to edit those files to point at the right PZ2 files. I decided to change the !INJ/REM All Head/Body (four files) so that they call into the special !DAZ folders off the runtime root. Now I can organize the INJ/REM folders just the way I want without having to edit them. PBooost may be the thing for you. It allows you to organize your libraries into "banks" of manageable size. Or upgrade to P5. Not only can P5 handle bigger libraries, it also has a hierarchical library structure which allows the user to really organize his/her stuff in a logical way. A few more P5 pluses: a much better texturing/shading system, dynamic cloth, raytracing, image based lighting, multiple runtimes (a sort of PBooost built right into the program), motion blur/DOF built right into the render engine, etc. etc. etc. But since P6 will be releaed within a few months, it may be worth waiting for P6. A little caveat about P5 (and probably P6 too): it needs a pretty fast machine with a decent amount of RAM and a modern OS. Forget about running it on Windows 98 on a P2 400 Mhz with 128 Mb RAM...

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 10:23 PM

I run WinXp on 700mhz with 512 ram. My problem with P5 is that it calls for 1224X812 or whatever resolution. While my monitor can handle that resolution my eyes can't. As a result I went back to PPro. And I just went to the eye doc who said my eyes are fine, no new glasses needed. Hmmm, so why can't I see better? I'd love to go back to P5 but all that smaller print and stuff is just too hard on my eyes. I tried P5 at 800X600 but then the edit windows were too large and couldn't find the buttons needed for clicking this or that...sigh. Thanks for the reply.

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 10:37 PM

P5 should be pretty usable on a 1024x768 resolution - which is a good resolution for a 17" CRT or 15" TFT. Higher is better (I run at 1600x1200 on a 19" CRT).

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 12:19 AM

Hmm, come to think on it, my old monitor was only a 15". I'm using a 17" flat screen now. Maybe I'll clear some space on my drive and try P5 again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.