Mon, Sep 9, 5:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Shader Challenge (non flesh): Ajax and Stewer & others...

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2005 at 2:59 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 10:43 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/messages.ez?forum_id=28&Form.ShowMessage=117585

Was given a unique challenge that might have some interesting usefulness, thought I'd bring some attention to it. The idea is more or less to use shaders and displacement to generate the crud that shows up in corners and along edges and stuff. I thought it was intriguing, but can't seem to get the regular faces clear while the spots where they join mesh up...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

operaguy ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2005 at 11:01 PM

that does sound useful. bookmark.

face_off ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 1:37 AM

Well for the same reason sss is a challenge in the P5 node system, I think a dirtmap shader would be very difficult. The main issue is that in the mat room, you build a network for a single pixel - and that pixel doesn't know about any other pixel (so it doesn't know if it's next to a pixel where the normals cross). An option would be to build a python script to run through the geometry and build a "dirt" map (as a jpg), that could then be incorporated as a map in the mat room. Another option would be to export the model to another package - back the dirtmap to a jpg, and import back into P5.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.