Tue, Oct 8, 11:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Does anhyone know where I can get some good grass?

Glengarry ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 4:01 AM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 11:46 AM

...not of the illegal variety of course. I've working on a scene at the mo that needs some reasonably realistic grass, everythin I do looks spikey and plastic. Any suggestions are verry welcome. GG

dcrich ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 6:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dplants.com/

the ABSOLUTE BEST free site for plants! http://www.3dplants.com/ lots of grass, flowers, and more! you just gotta love that! BT

Glengarry ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 8:03 AM

Hey, GREAT site. Thanks for your help. GG

Prizm Break ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 8:42 AM

Metacreations Painter has decent grass for post rendering, in nozzles

Glengarry ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 11:28 AM

Thanks Prizm. I have painter but I was hoping I wouldn't have to add it in post ( my post work is horribly blatant :( ) GG

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 12:18 PM

snicker Love the title on this thread, Glen. I just had to drop in and read the rest. Er, doesn't FastTraxx have some grass over at chemical studios? I could be mistaken...

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

chadms ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2001 at 3:44 PM

A fairly "realistic" technique that I have found to create grasses and scrubby brush in Bryce is to use a simple paint tool and litterally paint a large number of bent and wriggly thin lines near the bottom of the image in various grasslike colors. Then take that image map, import it into Bryce and use it as a cylindrical or spherical material on a rock, cylinder, sphere, cone, or whatever. After adjusting the texture scale so that it doesn't repeat iself in the vertical direction, I usually copy it a couple times and randomly resize and rotate them sligthly so it looks more random. This technique seems to reduce polygon count in the scene for grass clumps in the mid-ground (although it starts to look horrible when you get close up). I tend to get carried away with this effect and wind up with a 2 million poly scene in a couple of minutes... I think it's a bad thing when it takes longer to save your scene than it does to render it.

Glengarry ( ) posted Fri, 12 January 2001 at 10:14 AM

Thanks for all the suggestion guys. I'll give them all a try. Cheers GG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.