Tue, Sep 24, 11:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Working with objects (buildings in particular) ...

Roberto_Segate ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 5:31 AM ยท edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 8:18 PM

I'm just playing with a simple building that ships with Vue5 and was wondering how could I remove say one or two of the walls and join them together to make a long hall with windows. Obviously at the moment I can pop several buildings together but when I venture inside the walls get in the way of a view down the long hall so I thought, I know, I'll remove a couple of walls! But I'm stumped now.

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 6:18 AM

Can you tell us which building you try to access? So that we can look at it as well. If it is not grouped but one object i don't see a chance really. Only if these walls have a separate material. Then you can split the object in it's model parts by materials. If you have the walls separated you of course can simply delete them. What you can try as well is to make the wall material of the original building completely transparent. Then they are gone too. You then have to add some extra walls. Maybe that is easier.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Roberto_Segate ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 6:50 AM

Yep, it was building 5 in the collection I was using and it's made up on three materials, the roof, the walls and the window. I see now! I can select the roof, the window but all the walls are one!! Damn! Best bet then is to build a new one. Thanks

Polax ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 8:27 AM

Maybe a boolean substraction could cut a hole in any place of the wall ? just my two cents.

LordWexford ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 12:42 PM

Suggest you obtain some of the excellent free castles by Luca Rodolfi - they are in seperate pieces, so you can copy & paste a wall, or an arch for example. As a bonus, you also get the superb textures that he uses!!!

Roberto_Segate ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 1:48 PM

Thanks for that LW I'm onto it.

Belgareth ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 7:36 AM

I'm with Polax on this one, though Luca Rodolfi's models are stunning:) I would create the line of buildings I needed, group them, then place a cube inside and use a "boolean substraction" to remove the ofending wall/walls:)

Roberto_Segate ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2005 at 9:14 AM

Thanks, I've dl'd the buildings. I'll give it a crack tonight. Appriciate your comments.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.