Fri, Sep 20, 5:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: POSER 4 UPGRADE TO POSER 6

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 5:42 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:29 AM

Greetings from England,

Has anybody tried to purchase the Poser 4 to Poser 6 upgrade and been successful.

I have a legitimate Poser 4 serial number that is registered with Curious Labs but when I try to order the upgrade I am constantly told that my serial number is invalid and therefore not acceptable.

Does this indicate that you cannot upgrade directly from 4 to 6.

Any help would be gratefully received.

L13RAF

roxcat ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 5:46 AM

I'm from Sweden and I managed to upgrade to Poser 6 from Poser 4 without any problems. If you're sure that you're typing the serial correct (check the P6 FAQ on their site) I suggest you contact Curious Labs for help.

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 6:56 AM

Thanks for your reply and pleased to read that you upgraded from 6 to 4 without problems. I have written a number of e-mails to Curious Labs who keep telling me to check that my serial number has been entered correctly and not being a stupid person I have entered it the was it is written on their information and still have not answered follow up e-mails informing them of that. I refuse to pay for the full version when I meet the critera to upgrade and maybe one day I will get an answer from them and get my upgrade from 4 to 6 Best wishes and thanks, L13RAF

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 8:00 AM

Accepted my 4 to 6 upgrade order too, and I'm in the UK like you.

geep ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 8:10 AM

?????????????????????????????????? s/n's DO NOT use the letter "O" if you see "0" in the s/n, it is the number "0" (zero). Also, "dashes" (-) must be entered and the s/n DOES NOT HAVE any SPACES in it. Just a couple of thoughts. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 8:31 AM

My serial number which starts XF41CUZ is confirmed by Curious Labs when registered with them and when I have reloaded Poser 4 software it accepts the serial number without any problem. So where does the answer lie with this problem ???????? L13RAF

Ethesis ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 8:42 AM

If someone else has upgraded with your serial number, it blocks you out.

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 8:56 AM

I think the cause may have come to light in the because I used my 4 serial number to upgrade to 5 it has blocked out my 4 serial number. I did explain to Curious Labs that I lost my 5 discs and documentation in a fire at my home so reverted back to using 4. I have requested them to re load my 4 serial number in to their system so that I can then upgrade. No doubt they will say 'No' and tell me to purchase a relacement version of 5 :-) L13RAF

Ethesis ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 12:57 PM

Ah, what they may be able to do is confirm your P5 serial number for you (I'm assuming you registered?) and you can then use that.

L13RAF ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 3:06 PM

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes they have confirmed my 5 serial number but that only allows me to upgrade from 5 to 6. 5 is no longer installed on my computer after the fire so I need them to re-allocate my 4 serial number to complete the upgrade from 4 to 6 and not 5 to 6. Many thanks, L13RAF

agape ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 4:19 PM

Hi L13RAF!

In conversing with CL about DAZ character compatibility, here is what they said about upgrades to P6:

"The Poser 6 upgrade installs a whole new application- it doesn't change your existing Poser 5 application at all. Like Poser 5, Poser 6 can use multiple Runtime folders, so you can link your Poser 4, 5, etc. Runtimes into your Poser 6 Library palette and use that content without altering anything in those applications. This also allows you to remove or reinstall Poser 6 without affecting any other installed versions of Poser, or their Runtime folders."

This tells me that I can run P4,5 and six at the same time. By ordering P6 upgrade, you are really getting a discount for being a Poser user. It doesn't change P4 into P6. Hope this helps!

Ethesis ( ) posted Sun, 13 March 2005 at 6:49 PM

So, you don't need P5 installed to install P6 or to install the "upgrade."

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 12:24 AM

Since the upgrade is for users of P4 through P5, I would assume that it would look for either version before upgrading. That meaning if you had either 4 or 5 installed it would be OK. In the past, you didn't need either as the upgrade was just a discount at the time of ordering. The software was the same as the one sold in the store. There was never a seperate upgrade version and full version software. I would assume that is still the case. I still will need P4 Pro installed since this is the last version with a Lightwave plug-in.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 7:55 AM

They ought to be able to replace at least the Poser 5 CD, in case the upgrades are version specific, for a token charge (especially if you have the insurance etc. paperwork from the fire).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.