Sat, Sep 21, 6:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Making clothes. My tips and advice

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 5:29 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: AntonKisiel designs

file_143364.JPG

I'm using my new Empire waist gown as an example. Modelling is a tricky thing. Most modelling packages have tools that extrude and attract vertices. When modeling your own clothes consider the following: 1)I keep a headless body available to import quickly to see how the models will lay over the figure. 2) Start with the waist. Being nearly a circle start with a belt shap and extrude the vertices downlward in small increments. As you go, resive the new extrusion until it covers the skin. Keep working down, extruding and resizing as you go. 3) When you get to the feet, go back to the waist and do the same working up. 4) When you get your basic shape done, skin will poke through everywhere. Use an attraction or magnet tool to slowly pull here and there until the skin is no longer poking through. 5) SOmetimes less geometry will look better than more. When there are less polygons, the posing will stretch the mesh more appropriately for fabric than for skin. This is especially true for skirts and such.

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 5:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bbay.com/anton

file_143365.JPG

These additional textures were created by D'mentia. She is a wizard in the texture scene, but you can see that textures and transmaps can make one mesh several different clothing items.

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 5:36 PM

There was a time in the community when the smallest item no matter how bad was a treasure, but now that many of us have been doing this for years it can all seem hopeless. Start small. Start with just a skirt, then a tube top. Then combine the meshes for a dress. Eventuallly and short sleeves. SOmeday lengthen them. As you progess so will the mesh. And you will have a bunch of meshes to work from

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 5:43 PM

That's excellent advice, Anton, and it's advice I will defintitely be trying out very quickly. I've been afraid, literally to even try yet, not really knowing where to start in order to be effective. Thank you. :) --Mike

Marty188 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2001 at 1:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/marty/index.html

I would definitely have to agree with the advice. I'm trying my hand at creating clothing for Poser models and it's just driving me crazy! I find that I make the most progress when I take "little" steps and write them down so that I don't forget them and then advance from there. I have just gotten the hang of the "headless" body concept so now I'm working on tweaking the body/clothing here and there. My next attemption? HAIR!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.