Fri, Sep 20, 9:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser 6 Can't find my old textures! HUH??

tynana ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 2:37 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:29 AM

Hi all! I just got my new P6 up and running and everything was fine with the installed content. When I went by CL's instructions on loading the content from my P5 runtime, it can't find any of my textures. Is this related to the memory bug I have been reading about or is it a fluke and I just need to reinstall/change something? Oh, I did the ADD RUNTIME feature to load the P5 stuff I've collected. If there is a thread please just point me in that direction. Thanks Tammy :)

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:12 PM

I'm having the same problem

tynana ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:37 PM

"To avoid trouble, additional Runtimes should contain only the Geometries, libraries, and textures folders (of course, the libraries folder should contain all its nested folders.) If you copy your existing Runtime to the new Runtime folder, please first remove all other folders from it (other than Geometries, libraries and textures) before merging the Runtimes." Partial quote from CL tech support. (The last line is what got my attention) This might be my problem. I think I added the whole folder and maybe it is just getting confused. I have a lot of stuff in there. And there are probably plugins and such interferring with P6 finding what it needs. Just goes to show you that I really need to read all the directions! :)LOL! I'll post again if I get it fixed. Thanks Tammy :)))

tynana ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:09 PM

Okay, like I said earlier, "I really need to read all the directions"! If you are having this same problem, remove everything from your P5 runtime folder except Geometries, libraries and textures. Then use the ADD RUNTIME feature (the plus sign at the bottom of your library palette). Mine is running perfectly now. :))) Thanks to anyone that tried to find an answer for me! Tammy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.