Tue, Oct 22, 6:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Stupid Carrara Tricks.

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 9:48 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:37 AM

Hi I'm hoping someone can shed some light onto a problem I'm having. I finally got C4 and have been happily trying out the new lighting effects and other neat features, I finally decided to revamp one of my existing models from scratch. Since I still do not like the modeler in C4, I did it my normal way, did the basic modeling in Ray Dream Studio then brought it into C4 to finish. I had no errors in RDS or C4 when I brought it over. I did some reshaping, tweaking, reshading and light effects then tried a render. The render came out fine but I noticed some changes I wanted to make. I didnt have time to make them at that moment so I saved a new copy of the latest updated file and exited the program. Again no errors the entire time. Well I had saved about 10 copies of the model scene at various points in C4, and when I reopened C4 this AM and tried to reopen the latest file, I got this weird error about some file on my E: drive and an error in line 44, unknown error. First off my Drive E:is my dvdROM. I tried bringing in the save I did right before that one, same error. I tried to load all 10 of the saves of this model, same error. I tried to load in a different scene altogether and it loads. I test by bringing another RDS file into the program and saving it as a car, then I close it and open the car, it loads. There is just something about this one single scene that it does not like. Has anyone ever had this problem before. The model is very simple, has some custom shaders but thats it. I would be willing to email a copy of the scene file to someone if they would like to take a look at it. I put about 4 days work into this scene so I'd rather not lose all the work if I can save it. Please help.. Rich

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 11:11 AM

Give support an email. Its likely they can fix the file. Also, try opening up the file in a text editor, don't edit anything, and then save it as another name, and double check the extension is still .car. And trying opening it. Brian

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 11:44 AM

4.1.1 patch installed? It corrects some RDS issues.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 11:46 AM

I had it installed, but after the problem I uninstalled it but the same thing happened. I even tried reinstalling C4.. I cant figure out why the error is referring to some weird file on my E: drive which doesnt even exist.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 12:56 PM

Could also try uninstalling and reinstalling Carrara. Delete preferences. Ideally I'd suggest emailing the file to support. Carrara support in my experience is very good. I can't say much for Amapi support because I don't use Amapi as much as others, but I can pretty much assure you if you email the file in that Eovia will get back to you within a week. Brian

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 1:12 PM

I did the reinstall already. I just tried exporting the model as a dxf object and importing it into Amapi.. No luck at all, it came out all bodged up with most of the pieces missing, It has tyo be something I did wrong in the file itself in RDS.

bluetone ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 4:17 PM

I have run across this myself, and others have reported this same error. About a week ago, someone discussed this with a solution, (I think.) Do a search on "errorline44" I think that's how it was listed. The E: drive in question apparently is a drive on the Eovia software programmers computer, and it has nothing to do with your machine. I think deleting preferences and then re-booting the machine was part of the solution. Good luck!

jwbaer ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 2:43 PM

bluetone is correct about the E: drive. It is just giving the full path at the time Carrara was built to the source file in which the exception occurred -- the drive structure on the build machine is all the compiler knows about at build time, so that's what shows up. This information is useful for copying into an email to Eovia support (that's why messages like this are left enabled at all), but is not particularly useful to the end user. -Jeremy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.