Mon, Sep 9, 5:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: What is the best way to make shareable morphs for items?

Singular3D ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 2:20 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 1:56 PM

There are several props and figures around and I sometimes make additional morphs for them (especially for Koz's hair). Some of them are really hair items, others are figures (e.g. long hair). Now I plan to share some of my morphs, but I don't know how. When you make morphs for V3, you can use injection techniques. It would also be easy to share the modified *.obj as a morph target, but that would bring me into conflict with the copyright of the original mesh. Just want to share the deltas. What is the best way to do so?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 5:41 AM
Online Now!

You can distribute a morph in OBJ format if you include only the vertex information, which is all that Poser requires. See this tutorial at Morphworld for how to do it. However, as discussed at this thread in the forum, some Mac versions of Poser don't like the vertex-only format. The solution is to include a dummy facet line at the end of your squished file, like this: f 1/1 2/2 3/3 4/4 The other way to distribute is to use a "carrier" file - that is, a CR2, HR2, or PP2 that contains only your morph. People can then use Morph Manager to transfer the deltas over. Whichever way you choose, people are used to INJ and REM poses by now, so be sure to include some instructions in your readme file. :)

SWAM ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 6:38 AM

and how would you do it with the INJ? I have read somewhere that there must be a channel inside the cr2 - hmmm but how?

Would like to know myselfe

pushes everybody to answer

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 10:01 AM

This doesn't answer to making the INJ (I have seen some tutorials...check for NEA threads maybe) but there are for PC a couple "Morph Stripers" little applications that strip .obj down to deltas making them distrutable and MUCH smaller files. Maybe some one could explain how to take such a "stripped" .obj and inbed it in a INJ pose file it terms even I could understand.

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 2:58 PM

Thanks EnglishBob, have to take a closer look at that. This dummy thing looks useable to me...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.