Wed, Sep 18, 3:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Shadow weirdness.....any ideas what causes this?

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 3:09 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 5:22 AM

file_229759.jpg

The front bee is definately standing on the flower petal, and yet is causing a shadow to fall on the leaf. The sun is almost straight on as well, which makes it doubly weird. I know it is the bee causing it not the ladybug, because I tried turning off shadows for both. Can't leave it that way though because the bee didn't look right without the little shadow it is creating on the petla. Any way round this apart from postworking the shadow out?

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 3:24 PM

Make sure you don't have an wayward bee you aren't seeing. Are you turning off the shadows for all the bees at once, or just that particular one? Otherwise, post-work it out, I say. :o/ AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

aprilgem ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 3:24 PM

Weird. Could the light be going through the petal? Why aren't there petal shadows on the leaf? Are your petals set to cast shadows?

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 3:26 PM

Render your scene as if it is complete, with the shadow for that particular bee "turned off". Save the file. Turn the shadow back on for that bee, and plop render around the bee on the flower only. LOL, and this is coming from a postwork looneytoon. Cool Image cho!!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

bandolin ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 3:31 PM

I'm having trouble getting a hang on the shadows cast. Would a transparency setting of some kind, bee causing that effect? Side Note: Definitely. Is this word spelled differently in the UK? Because I see 'definately' a lot. Not trying to be critical of spelling (I'm the world's worst typist) just curious.

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 4:01 PM

After looking at this over and over....I think you've got the wrong bee. If you look at all the shadows in the scene, the bee that is casting the shadow in question is out of the scene behind and above the view of the camera. But ya know what they say.......Only the shad....Nevermind,LOL.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 4:37 PM

I don't think that shadow is from the bee on that flower, I think there's a bee outside the FOV casting that shadow.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 4:41 PM

We demand a bee count, lol! Oh...horrible joke, horrible..... AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 4:51 PM

Aprilgem has found the reason, thankyou. I had actually turned shadows off for the front flower, so the flower is not casting shadows, but the bee sitting on it is. Mind you that is a weird situation anyway. Thanks for the help. And Bandolin, I am ashamed to say you are right and I have definitely typed the wrong spelling.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2005 at 10:15 PM

(laughs at everyone!) I don't know why, but this might be the funnest thread I've seen for a long, long time! Bee-shadows are fun? WHAT?!? (must be something in the wine...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.