Mon, Sep 16, 12:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: P6 Reflection problem

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2005 at 3:22 PM ยท edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

file_248977.jpg

I thought that this was supposed to have been fixed in the SR1 release. Here is a bath in P6 SR1, it was the same before the SR update. The internal reflections are all wrong

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2005 at 3:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_248978.jpg

Here is the same bath (albeit containing Vicki :-) ) in P5

The internal surface reflections are smooth and unbroken.

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2005 at 4:13 PM

Do you have any shadows or AO enabled? It looks a little like self-shadowing, in case you're using AO, try increasing the bias. Also, make sure you set a sufficient number of raytrace bounces in your render settings.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2005 at 11:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2276481

You mean the reflections of the floor in the outer surface of the tub? I suspect the floor uses an image based texture? As it appears, P6 (with or without SR1) has a problem refracting image based textures, see the attached link. I haven't tested if the exact same thing happens with reflections, but it appears quite probable.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 5:11 AM

Ahh, I am using AO so it's probably that, I'll try fiddling with the AO settings. Thanks :-)

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 2:42 PM

file_248979.jpg

Nope, it wasn't AO, here it is with AO switched off, it's removed the shadowing, but the reflection is still wrong. I'm sure that soon after P6 was released I saw something that said the reflections (and refractions) had a bug and these would be fixed in the SR, have to search back through the forums.

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2005 at 3:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2254915

Found the referral to a bug

"There is a bug in reflections and refractions in Poser 6.
I had the same problem and emailed Curious Labs about it.
They said is a known bug and they said it will be fixed
in the service release. Sorry, but all these tips and hints
won't help any. Just have to wait until Curious Labs releases
the fix. "

Guess it's time to e-mail CL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.