Sun, Sep 15, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Volunteers requested

sittingblue ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:13 PM · edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 7:24 PM

Attached Link: http://tidbit.freefronthost.com/test_material.htm

I am looking for volunteers to test Vue 5 Infinite's Material Editor.

It seems I've discovered a bug in my version of Vue (PC), and e-on can't reproduce the bug.

The test procedure is simple:

Start Vue.
Load the test material onto the ground plane.
Open the Material Editor for the test material.
Navigate the Material Editor to the fourth level node. It's identified as level 4 and is comprised of a red and white node mixture.
On this level 4 node, change the mixture to 'Full blend (linear bumps)'.

That's it!

On my system, the level 1 node is normally set to a simple mixture. When the bug occurs, the first mixture is changed to 'Full blend (linear bumps)' on the level 1 node. I've tested the latest beta, the problem still exists.

E-onsoftware's tech support said they can't reproduce this bug. I spent two hours tracking this bug down, so I'm vested in it now. Besides, I'm very anti-bug. When a Vue bug gets corrected, it's an improvement for every user.

If you'd like to help, you can download the material at the link page. If you can or cannot reproduce this bug, please post your message here with your system's specifications.

Thanks guys,
Charles

Charles

FuzzyShadows ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 12:34 AM

I was able to repeat what you described. I'm running Vue 5.06-02, build 276828. PC Win2k, pentium 4. The other thing I noticed that seemed odd was.. immediately after loading your texture through the Material editor, I tried changing the "Type" to simple, but it wouldn't accept it. When I clicked on the type, "simple material", the bead jumped back to "mixed material" on its own. The second time I clicked simple it accepted it. One other thing. I could only reproduce your bug by right clicking the material nodes, and choosing "edit material" each time until I got to level 4. If I doubled clicked the material previews to get to level 4, the level 1 node would still have the "simple blend" option set when I navigated back.

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 1:13 AM

Confirm it on Mac - latest beta update. And i confirm as well what FuzzyShadows said - it only happens when you "walk" through the whole tree, it does not happen when you directly jump to level 4.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 10:54 AM · edited Thu, 16 June 2005 at 10:55 AM

Same as FuzzyShadows - if I double click to edit then the bug doesn't occur, but it does if I right click >Edit Material..

I aslo looked that the changing type to simple on loading - click once and it reverts to mixed, click again and it stays on simple.

Most odd!!

WinXP Home Edited to add version number - 5.05-02 Build 275754

Message edited on: 06/16/2005 10:55

Gill

sittingblue ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 10:02 AM · edited Fri, 17 June 2005 at 10:03 AM

Thanks so much for everyone's help here. I'm going to point this link to tech support.

I believe Vue is not in error when the material is changed to simple on the level one node. When the simple button is selected, the Material Editor dispenses with the right node on level one. Thus, the new material reverts to the level 2 node that was the left-node on level one.

Message edited on: 06/17/2005 10:03

Charles

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.