Tue, Oct 22, 4:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: How can I make realistic scars?

seeker ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 5:50 AM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 6:10 PM

Hi, I'm trying to put a scar or a wound on V3s' face but I can't seem to get it right. I want it to really stick out and be really red and obviously painful but without blood. Is there any way I can do this with P6 and in any shape that I want? Thanks Niki

Fazzel ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:19 AM

Have you tried using displacement maps? Just create your scar in something like photoshop. Make it black and white, so that the higher areas are lighter shades of grey than the lower areas. That deal with the sticking out part. Then just create another color map in the same location for the bloody part.

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 2:18 PM

Scratch yourself then take pictures of it...LOL..You can do a search of it on the net for scar Images and I think there is also a package here in the marketplace of scar images.

seeker ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2005 at 9:56 AM

There are many things I'd go about doing for realism in Poser but I think artistheat that you just helped me find my limits:):):) I did search for scar images but nothing I can really use. I did find a beautiful free scar pack for Adrian by Nikitacreed at RDNA and used that instead. I'll use that with your suggestions Fazzel and I'm sure it'll work out. Thanks guys Niki

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.