Mon, Oct 21, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Any Nuts,Bolts,Screws & Nails :- )

Strixowl ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:40 PM · edited Wed, 16 October 2024 at 2:36 AM

Anybody know the location of some Nuts,Bolts,Screws,Nails (props)? I know I've seen some.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 4:51 PM

If all else fails, I can make you some...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 5:27 PM

Attached Link: http://fast3d.actionbabecentral.com/kathindex.htm

http://fast3d.actionbabecentral.com/kathindex.htm maybe?

Mystic-Nights ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 7:00 PM

Attached Link: http://mystic-nights.com/directory/index.php

Nuts & Bolts under Household - 3ds Screws & Nails - 3ds

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:21 PM

file_285171.jpg

Thanks for your responses. I got something from each of the sights and am somewhat happy with each item except the bolts aren't threaded :-(. The screws & nails in .3ds from the link at "one-commune" are great,but I have a problem in that the files have the 3 nails saved as one prop (pic1)& the 2 screws(pic2) as one prop. I imported the 3ds file & saved as Poser prop but can't figure out if there is a way to seperate the items so I have 3 seperate nails & 2 separate screws. Does anyone know if there is away to do this inside Poser? ernyoka1: I appreciate your kind offer. If there is a way to separate the items I'll be ok, if not I'll take you up on your offer. I'm surprised these items aren't around

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:22 PM

file_285175.jpg

Here's Screws Pic 2

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 2:41 PM

Try the Group Editor.
If your lucky each item will have it's own group or material, which would make spawning individual props easy.
Otherwise you'll have to create the groups by hand.

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 3:41 PM

You take the group editor tool. You select the prop. You frame it close on the front camera. You set preview to see-through wire frame. Your hit the button to create a new group. You drag over to select the element you want and use the main camera to see it is all selected but no part of the other elements are selelected, de-select as needed by dragging/clicking with Ctrl-key down. You can assign a material at this point. Hit the make prop button. Then you hit make new group and repeat. The texture UVs may have to be redone with UVmapper Classic. Hope this wasn't nonsense.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 4:58 PM

Momodot, that was a very concise and clear explanation (at leat to me) on how to spawn a new prop with the Grouping tool! For some reason, the grouping tool has god a bad name, when it is in fact a BRILLIANT tool! I often use it , rather than UVMapper, to assign material zones to parts of a prop. The Grouping tool is easy and fairly intuitive, once you've let the intimidation go :o) And Strixowl, my offer still stands :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 7:37 PM

ernyoka1, thanks.

Mystic-Nights ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2005 at 9:51 AM

Attached Link: http://hometown.aol.com/helmzahn/meshes2.html

file_285176.jpg

Here are some Nuts and Bolts at Beyond Visual Range

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 1:02 PM

momodot I'm in total agreement with ernyoka1, your simple tutorial enabled me to separate the items into individual props. The group tool has always been very frustrating to me though I've had some success with it. Your lil toot opened up an area I never understood. Thank you. I's also like to thank Mystic-Nights for the great links you posted. Now my project is back on track :-) Sorry I didn't post back earlier, went to Seattle :-) Strixowl

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 2:16 PM

Great. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.