Mon, Oct 21, 11:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 18 12:33 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Puppet Master - Convert Poses Between Models

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 11:02 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 4:28 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=23330&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I don't know if everyone has heard about Puppet Master yet or not. It's a python program, (brought to you by Kamilche, the same brilliant programer behind Wardrobe Wizard), and it will accurately translate poses and animations from one figure to another. Kamilche is getting ready to release Puppet Master, so if a model maker has a figure they want included, they should contact her ASAP. Please let your favorite (English speaking and Non-English speaking) model makers know about this program too, incase they wish to include their figures and don't yet know about the program. Thanks! :D BEGIN QUOTE: "Well I'm done rigging figures... I've done everything I can get my hands on, and there are 168 figures supported in Puppet Master: Biped List of supported figures (168): 3DUSara2, AMSilver, ApolloMaximus2005, Ben, Betaboy, bizwomHi, blAfricManBiz, blAfricManCas, blAfricWomBiz, blAfricWomCas, blAiko3, blAlien, blAsianManBiz, blAsianManCas, blAsianWomBiz, blAsianWomCas, blBigft, blChimp, blDavid, blDemon, Blendloboy, Blendlobusman, Blendlobuswom, Blendlocasboy, Blendlocasman, Blendlocaswom, Blendloman, Blendlowom, blFairy, blFatmanUp, blFatwomUp, blFREAK, blGinger, blGirl, blGremlin, blGrim, blHiro, blInfant, blKnight, blMilGirlPS, blMilGirlPT, blMilMan, blMilManLoNG, blMilMan_m3, blMilMan_M3_M2, blMilWom, blMilWomLo, blMilWomLoNG, blMilWom_v3, blMilWom_V3_V2, blNudeInfant, blNudeMan_Gen, blOgre, blOldman, blP4Michael, blPenguin, blPSBoy, blPSBoyPS, blPSGirl, blPSGirlPS, blSkeleton, blStephanie, blStephaniePetite, blSumo, blTroll, blVickiP4, blWitch, blYTBoy, blYTGirl, blYTGirlPT, BoyT, CasBoy, CasGirl, childCasHi, childCasLo, childNudeHi, childNudeLo, childStick, creeper, dsiDina, dsiDinaLo, Dylan, Elle, Elle_Lorez, esmeralda, femaleCasHi, femaleCasHiP3, femaleCasLo, femaleNudeHi, femaleNudeHiP3, femaleNudeLo, femaleOrig, femaleSkeleton, femaleStick, femaleSuitHi, femaleSuitLo, Furraldo2, Furraldo2D, Furrette2, Furrette2D, Glamorous Jessi 36, Glamorous Vickie UM, G_A_L_Geometrie, hardHi, HER, Ichiro, Ichiro2, Ingenue Vickie UM, James, JamesCasual, JamesHiRes, JamesLoRes, Jenny, Jessi, JessiCasual, JessiHires, Kate, Kiki, Koshini, Koshini2, Krystal-K2, laroo2, maleCasHi, maleCasLo, maleNudeHi, maleNudeLo, maleNudeWithEyes, maleOrig, maleSkeleton, maleStick, maleSuitHi, maleSuitLo, mannequin, MayaDoll01Basic, MDP-F202, Miki, MsTrog07, newMaleBizHi, newMaleCasHi, NudeGirl, P4NudeWom, P5CasualBoy, P5CasualGirl, P5CasualMan, P5CasualWoman, P5NudeBoy, P5NudeGirl, P5NudeMan, P5NudeWoman, PHFemale, plantpixie, PumpkinMan, P_A_L_Geometrie, R-lina, sheFreak, Snowman, SolondraIII, SolondraIII_V3, Staci, StaciLR, stemHi, TeraiYuki, TeraiYukiHighRes, trog14, UG, UGHR, zombie, zombie3 If you are a modeller and want to support your figure free of cost, just contact me at kamilche@kamilche.com " /END QUOTE You can read more, see pictures, and animations here: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=23330&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 There are plans for Quadped Puppet Master too! Dogs and Cats sharing poses? It's the end of the world, I tell you. nyuk nyuk ;) bB

Merlin ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 1:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1013620&Start=1&Artist=Merlin&ByArtist=Yes

Fun thing is, i made a "Puppet master" image a few weeks ago, i never heard of this software at that time. And it could very well be interpreted as being linked to a posing software, in a way... lol...

Smoovie ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 1:18 AM

I can't wait for it

arrow1 ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 3:29 AM

Any idea of the cost?

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 4:12 AM

Moving this to Product Showcase, since I understand this will be a commercial product.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 6:15 AM

any idea how much it will cost? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 6:24 AM

any idea how much it will cost? Love esther

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 8:02 AM

any idea how much it will cost? I don't think they said yet but the discussion was that it would be more than $20 and less than Wordrobe wizard($60). Which is a pretty wide range.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

BastBlack ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 8:12 AM

I don't know what the price will be. The release date is set for this Friday. Sorri Admin, I didn't mean to advertise so much as let model makers know about being included. I couldn't do that if they don't even know about the program. So... If there is a model you want included, please let the original figure creator know, and have them contact Kam. Thanks. I don't think I see AnimeDoll or Have's models on the list. :( bB

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 11:22 AM

I will probably buy this product when it comes out, it's usefull after all. With Wardrobe Wizard and Puppet Master brokers and merchants must really be over joyed by these utilities. said sarcastically. Gunna be interesting to see how the poser community holds up with all this.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 1:36 PM

why sarcastically? i mean, how is it bad that lady littlefox's wonderful outfits can now be fitted to other characters (which several people asked for) with much less trouble? or that people like schlabber could concentrate on making (astoundingly) more poses and motions for a single character rather than trying to fit the myriads of characters out there? personally, i'm hoping, though not holding my breath, that this will mean merchants are less afraid of making male clothes. actually, they've said male is better because it's easier to morph the chest out than flatten it. and i can say i've bought some clothes that i previously wouldn't have due to the possibility that it could be converted to other figures or just morphed characters (like a kioki character i have now). it seems to me that this leaves merchants room to do the fun stuff (creating) rather than the less fun converting. or at least provides a good starting point for converting. and i think (though of course i don't know) that ww has helped promote the launch of new figures like apollo.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 1:53 PM

here is an example. if you make jeans for a model, and make a jeans for each model out there it used to be that people would buy each product for the figures they have. now, they buy 1 product and use it on multiple figures. sales go down. don't get me wrong, as someone with a lot of clothing product I like WW, but I do feel for clothing creators because I am buying less and converting more. now with puppet master all ya have to do is buy 1 big mega 500 pose package and convert um to your figure. don't have to buy pose packages for spefic models anymore. I'm just sayin I feel for content creators, it means more work for them to have the sales they are used to is all.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 2:58 PM

ok, then you're awfully good to your poser people. from what i've been reading for the past several years, most people mainly clothe their vicky. everyone else gets the leavings. while i know 3dwizard made his jeans for just about all the daz figures, awful soul's vanilla is v3 only. sixus1's designate alpha is h.e.r. only. lady littlefox's hemlock and black rose are krystal only. unless there's a freebie i don't know about, ElorOnceDark's celeste outfit is stephanie petite only. all of those great outfits are for great figures that just don't have the popularity that v3 does. some stuff has is now being sold with various versions (like bat lab products, some of mdp's products), but that's built in, not additional money. actually, i only know a few products that have separate versions for various figures, and most of those are in the platinum club at daz (my time is generally more expensive than $2). in terms of products that have only one version (v3), the list is enormous. and most stuff i know that has multiple versions, outside of jeanz and the daz catsuits (which, incidentally, all have different attributes), only has 2 or 3 different versions. i don't look at many pose sets, so i can't speak to what posing artists are doing so much. i do know i didn't buy either of nerd3d's millenium walk designer sets when i found them because i was looking for something for aiko. the motion request thread i recently participated motion suggestions, not target figures, were requested. i could be completely off here, but my feeling is that again, the marketplace is has more non-overlapping sets of poses than figure duplicated sets. just from looking in the various marketplaces, the number of merchants making money off of converted clothing items is much lower than those making original items that only work on one item. and that doesn't even get into the number of items that include all the possible body morphs for a figure. i've seen numerous threads where multiple people have said "i wish this item was made for figure x. i would get it if it was." i've seen this most with the furry and the fairy communties, but i've seen it here and at daz in regards to everyone from david and stephanie petite to judy and don. i've seen figures (both original and morphed characters) come out and fizzle because they didn't have "3rd party clothing support." and depending entirely on capsces to make clothing morphs for her incredible sets had me thinking i just was going to have to rely on painted clothes. her support is more than great, don't get me wrong, but there's only so much one person can do. i don't doubt that some people's "new clothes" itch is presently being filled by converted clothes. but i don't think it's made a serious dent in the poser product impulse buys (i don't have numbers, but the amount of new products in gallery pictures seems to be constant). if most merchants only make v3 stuff, and all of us who have chosen other main characters for various reasons (like better bending, smaller size, lower polygons, etc.) didn't buy their stuff before and do now, it's more money for the same work. it's only less money for the those who make conversions and have people decide the professional, custom conversion isn't worth paying for. if i had to put money down on which group contains more people, i'd definitely place my money on the v3 only merchants who have s3/a3/v2/ptg/laura/m3/david/m2/furrette/furraldo users that covet their stuff.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 2:58 PM

or perhaps content creators will buy this product and convert their works to multiple figures thus increasing their overall value with little effort. or at least less than doing it the "old way". I try to buy content made for multiple characters, not because i can't convert content, but because i don't have to.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 3:17 PM

generally content creators build items for the figures that they have. If they do not have a ceratin figure model they cannot convert nor create for that model. hence no multiple figure support. bra and panties modeled for male figures is just wrong for instance. while converted clothing works on other figures that the item is not made for it is not 100% the same will be true of poses that are converted. for the majority of poser users it's good enough. if one has invested in a lot of clothing item and is now converting those items to use on other models it makes sence that your not going to be spending as much money, and why would you. how many dresses, pants etc do you need. sorry I didn't mean to start a rant, it's just an observation. Ive read posts and talked to a few creators and over and over again it's not selling as much, sales are lower since WW came out etc. I have WW and lots of clothing items, and I'm not buyin as much speciffically because I have WW. that's all I'm saying. now PuppetMaster is coming, people that make poses I would asume would feel the same thing. ALL those P4 poses that come with poser can now be used on figures that had no poses, why would one buy pose packs with all the freebies and included poser poses converted to figures that had no poses. again, sorry, just observing the market and was making a observation. Not knocking the products, creators, or anything.

usslopez ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 4:39 PM

The running Troll is too funny!!!

My RMP Store ; My Free Stuff

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 9:26 PM

is it being brokered through DAZ or sold here and CP?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2005 at 12:25 AM

probably through PhilC's site like WW is.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2005 at 7:50 AM

MachineClaw I think that's just not true that people with WW will buy less clothing. Since getting WW I have looked at buying outfits I never would have bought previously. I mainly use V3, and in the past before I had WW, unless the articles were for V3 and had morphs I wouldn't look twice at them. Now I consider buying V2 cloths and other outfits not designed for V3 and V3 clothing without fit morphs too. Love esther

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2005 at 11:03 AM

oh, i wasn't thinking you were knocking anyone. and i'm not at all offended or upset or otherwise feeling negatively (in case you were thinking i was). all i'm saying is i'm observing quite the opposite. i've listened to all these people clamour for their favorite figure to be added because they want clothes that aren't available for that figure to be converted. and listened to them say they've bought things because they can now get it to fit their favorite character. the most notable being the ptg/laura fairy crew. i know personally, i've done the opposite: bought things that i wouldn't have bought if ww didn't exist because it was for a figure that wasn't even in my top 4 listing. i also know there are several items i haven't bought in the past because they didn't support the figure i was working with at the time. and not everything is bra and panties. has wusumah ever made clothes for more than an upgrade (e.g., made v3 version of a v2 figure's clothes)? and even then, isn't most of his stuff figure specific? i can't believe no one has thought sade would look good on v3, or even aiko. or maya doll. or apollo. basically, again, just on sheer numbers, how many merchants make their money on custom conversions vs. make their money off new products? again, yeah, i think that some people are scratching their "i gotta have something new" itch by converting clothes they already have. but that'll wear off. and then you'll have people buying items because they like the product, not abstaining because they don't like the figure it's made for. as for why sales are less now... it could be that people are also playing with their several new figures instead of new clothes. i mean, didn't we just have 3 or 4 in just the past month? one reason i've stayed in platinum club is the steady release of new characters by daz since about david. in the past few months we've had the project human figures, the new zygote figures, apollo, eroko, terai yuki, miki and others make splashes on the poser scene. on the additional poses sets, for the same reason people keep buying pose sets at all. well, let me look in the renderosity marketplace. v3 poses: 336 m3 poses: 178 s3 poses: 85 d3 poses: 113 aiko poses: 91 v2 poses: 120 m2 poses: 125 mill kids poses: 80 (includes luke & laura) the girl poses: 26 apollo poses: 21 anime doll poses: 8 lina: 6 so if you choose anyone but v3, you have a maximum of about 1/3 of the selection. assuming 100% overlap of the v3 products, about 2/3 of the v3 poses sell on their own, not because people need a v3 version. here's an example: do you think fewer textures sell now because of the unimesh and utc? or do more people get textures because they can work on several of their characters? how many textures come out now as v3/s3/a3? in my opinion, being able to serve both the standard and anime and fairy communities with a single product means more sales, not less. to make a specific reference, the fact that utc and dalinise's brown sugar existed didn't seem to impact the sales of the several v3 african american textures released afterward. quality still seems to rule v3 texture sales, regardless of the fact that there are already tons of the main types (caucasian and african-american) out there. i mean, why buy more textures if you already have tons of them? but people do, when they're actually quality textures. moving to clothes, vanilla seems to be doing quite well, despite the fact that jeanz for v3 already exists. if you mean that ww has a longer shelf-life as top pretty new toy taking up people's attention, yeah, i'd probably agree with that. i think that it has had more than enough help from figure creators and other utility makers, but yeah, i could see that. for a while after p6 was released, all i was seeing was p6 characters in ibl/ao renders. but do i see that as a long term effect? not in the least. and do i think an everyday clothes set for m3 would sell more because it can be converted to apollo, v3, d3 and hiro? that's where i'd place my bet. and i know that i am personally more interested in the millenium motions and expression for v3 because of the promise of puppet master. i really, really hate v3's shoulders and don't want to be confined to using her to use a product i like.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 07 September 2005 at 11:10 AM

i just want to say, when i said "main types," i didn't mean of people, i meant of textures. my point being that despite the fact that just about everything in those two types of textures has been done, the merchants still seem to be rewarded for not moving on to do tons of indian textures, tons of pacific islander tribal textures, or any other race. so people aren't buying based on, "i already have one of those."

LadyElf ( ) posted Fri, 09 September 2005 at 12:16 AM

Well, I purchase pose packages because I like the poses :) I really don't bother with what figure they are for, because I can tweak poses until they fit the character I want. I've always done it that way, so Puppet Master really holds little interest for me at this point. But for others, I can see how they would be really excited ;) I think a lot of people purchase poses not because they are for a specfic character, but because they are good poses ;) Deb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.