Mon, Sep 16, 12:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: Which is best ?

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 11:15 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:39 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_291268.jpg

Continuing the theme of a number of recent posts on skin texture, which of these do people think looks the most 'realistic' This first one was my first attempt at a skin shader

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 11:16 AM

file_291269.jpg

This is exactly the same skin shader but with the background changed to black, and the lighting changed slightly

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 11:20 AM

file_291270.jpg

And finally the same lighting as '2' but with the shader specularity decreased and the 'redness' in the sss increased slightly. What is clear is that the shader/lighting combination is far more important than in P5, great in that it gives far greater control of the final appearance in an image, but harder to get consistency between set-ups. Still, the more I play with P6, the more impressed I am, I just have to find some time to have a real go at it, in the hope of being able to start producing some 'art' worth showing :-)

ohl ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 11:51 AM

On my opinion the 2nd picture is most reallistic.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 12:08 PM

I thought the 2nd looks best, too.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 12:23 PM

2nd one unless you want a pasty UK type person who hasn't been in the sun for 9 months, then I'd go for the first one! Don't take offence, just a bit of fun!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 12:30 PM

Though if it was a UK type person on holiday, then they would be red and blotchy after having gotten sunburnt. We never seem to learn and on the first day on holiday, stay in the sun and burn to a nice lobster colour :-) Shows how important lighting is, as that is the only difference between 1 & 2 !

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 12:36 PM

Ah! but I meant a UK type person that "hadn't" been on holiday [lol] and yes you're right, good lighting makes all the difference!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Merlin ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 12:40 PM

First one is a good pale redhead texture

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:10 PM

file_291271.jpg

Here is a face shot with the same shader and light settings as '2'. I still have trouble getting around the 'dead eye' look in P6, even though I'm using a specular 'kicker' with the IBL, the eyes still don't sparkle

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 2:28 PM

There is no light in front of the figure so the eyes don`t have the bright highlights.

barrowlass ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 5:07 PM

I like "2" for the skin shading though the face doesn't do much for me ;-). Have you tried adding anisotropic nodes to lacrimals, corneas and eyewhites? That usually works for me - with, as Xantor says - a light slightly to the front of the figure?

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2005 at 7:10 PM

A weak light placed near the front of the figure might give you the highlight without messing up the lighting of your picture.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.