Wed, Sep 25, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Camera direction issues in animation

ZeeDoktor ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 8:11 AM ยท edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 8:30 PM

Hi all, I'm completely new to Vue5 infinite and am trying to animate a flying around a mountain clip, where the camera faces halfway forward in the beginning and then focuses onto the peak of the mountain and stays there until we have flown around it. My issue seems to be that I can't get the direction the camera is facing to transition smoothly from the forward motion to the lefthand sweep motion. So we're flying forward, then suddenly the camera jerks a bit and faces the center of the mountain while we keep rotating. I need to de-jerk that transition. Does anyone here have any idea how that could be done? Is it possible to automatically "glue" the direction/focus of the camera to another object that can be moved on a spline? Thanks - Balt

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2005 at 8:59 AM

One option would be to link the camera to a cube that is not rendered. Then you can animate this cube and do the complex movement you want to do. For example let it move up until it reached the top of the mountain and then let it rotate only. The camera is following that then without problem.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.