Wed, Oct 2, 9:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Big pauses in matroom with MIKI...???

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 6:09 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

Anyone else experience the long delays when working on nodes with MIKI? Is there a filesearch going on that I'm not aware of. I've installed her 3 times now and cannot trace the cause. Reason I ask is I get a lot of exporting and UVmapper problems with her too.

face_off ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 11:19 PM · edited Mon, 17 October 2005 at 11:21 PM

Set WRITE_FILE_SEARCH_LOG to "1" in Runtime/prefs/Poser.ini. That might tell you what search paths it's using (it works for pz2 files - not sure about the mat room). From memory, it saves a file into the Poser 6 directory which you can examine in wordpad.

Message edited on: 10/17/2005 23:21

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

richardson ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 12:10 AM

Thanks buddy. I can no longer take a 12 second delay on every matroom function. Especially when it's in the 100's, now.

Jeff01 ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2005 at 7:51 AM

I experience long pauses with the Poser 6 Mat Room in general. If I double click on a material from the library palette, sometimes the nodes appear right away, sometimes they appear after a long pause, and sometimes they don't appear until I move the mouse. I know that sounds weird, but I always move the mouse now if I experience a delay in the Mat Room, and the nodes appear.

Jeff

semidieu ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2005 at 5:42 AM

Don't forget that if you have a lot of lights, it will also increase a lot the response time... Also, if you don't need the preview, you can disable it (click the eye on the top of a node). It will be very fast... but no preview... Really usefull to copy/paste node between materials.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.