Mon, Sep 9, 4:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Wrong mapping on the Broadleaf straight trunk tree from C3D.

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2005 at 10:40 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 7:55 PM

file_302728.jpg

Have you seen this in your renders too? Well, if you change the mapping to "world parametric", it gets back to normal. I opened a support ticket at E-on's so they can change this if they want to for future buyers.

Vance_Max ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2005 at 11:45 AM

Im just curious is there any content that works well at C3D?

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2005 at 11:48 AM

Well, I only bought plants from the store, and this is the only one wich I have a problem with. But they used to have a problem with the autumn white birch ( which had maple leaves!), fixed a while ago.

Vance_Max ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2005 at 11:57 AM

Ok thanks, Bruno.

jc ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2005 at 12:40 AM

They've been doing a lot of work beta testing and repairing the C3D objects. I think most are done now. Their forum has info.

purplecloud ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2005 at 9:53 AM

All plants do that. My guees is that the tree was part of a ecosystem and that ecosystems with trees can cause that problem.

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2005 at 10:01 AM

purplecloud, I think you are in the right ball park, but I think that it is to do when wind/breeze is selected in the atmosphere editor. Bruno, can you confirm this, your end? As soon as I get home, I will check up on this in Vue. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2005 at 12:37 PM

Nope, ecosystem or not, wrong mapping. Breeze not selected either. The ecosystem problem is with mixed materials that had an altitude dependant mixing proportion. Not the case with this tree.

purplecloud ( ) posted Tue, 08 November 2005 at 7:11 PM

So what is it that causes the problem? Is it a Solid Growth problem?

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2005 at 11:20 AM

I dunno, but the problem disappears as soon as you change the mapping to world parametric, it's no big deal, actually, just to let folks know they have to change the mapping of the trunk, because it's going to show from a close up. If you use Esprit with Botanica, Pro studio or Infinite, just edit the plant accordingly, save it and use this one instead of the one you bought. If you use 5 Esprit, you'll habe to change the mapping everytime you load the tree.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.