Tue, Oct 22, 7:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Merchant Resource Products - Need Advice

webmaster421 ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 2:58 PM ยท edited Mon, 08 January 2024 at 11:53 PM

Hi all... I recently decided to try my hand at making character textures and not being skilled enough to create my own from total scratch, I thought perhaps purchasing a merchant resource pack may just be the ticket. If I can make something really fab, I may sell, but for starters, I thought I could just make them as freebies. I searched the marketplace and found quite a lot of packages, [which surprised me], and am now at a loss as how to narrow it down to 2-3 sets. I'd like a package to cover as many mill folk as possible. [victorias' stuff really seemed great...until I read the fine print. It seems that I can buy her stuff and make stuff for resale, but not for freebies. sigh I really liked her stuff too, but until I am sure of myself, I need to stick with less restrictive products] So.... I am asking for suggestions for which products would fit my needs. I am hoping all your guy's wisdom can help me out and save me $$ [by which I mean so I don't buy what I can't use]. Thanks all very, very much! Best regards, Vicki

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:47 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=34476

Hi Vicki, kaiz has a very beautiful and quite comprehensive set out called Make up Studio for V3. I have it and I really like it. I see no restrictions for "Free Stuff". Although it does not have a body texture with it, the head texture is on a solid color and you could match the body to it. I personally recomend this product because the makeup files are excellent and are actually a good teaching aid. Ecstasy's M3_V3 Merchant resource is another excellent product. One of the first merchant resource products out. It has both head, eyes and body textures with it, and I see no restrictions on it. I also have this product and would recomend it. It will also work very well with the Kaiz makeup set. http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=24635 A very important issue with both of these is "THERE ARE NO SEAMS." Hope this helps you. cheerio lululee

Kendra ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 11:28 AM

Definitely check the readme for restrictions in creating free textures with the one you choose. There are some who only allow saleable creations.

...... Kendra

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.