Sat, Jul 20, 8:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Well, here is what I've been working on lately

waldomac ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 2:44 PM ยท edited Mon, 20 November 2023 at 9:26 AM

file_311174.jpg

Not the most fascinating thing, perhaps, but it is my first real dig into classical architecture. It is for our Christmas ad this year. It's the one thing that I can really spread my wings on (no pun intended) each year, so I usually try to make it something different and special. This rendering is not the actual rendering I'm using for the final design, because Bryce went belly up several times because of the beefy geometry involved, so I couldn't complete the full structure nor save in Bryce. Those interested may see the (basically) final rendering at the following URL: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1111847&Start=1&Sectionid=42&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNew=Yes I'd be most gratified for anyone who goes to see it to let me know what your thoughts are. It certainly is not placed in the most looked-at section on 'rosity.

waldomac ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 2:45 PM

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention tools used. The pillar capitals and bases were created in Wings, as was the scrollwork base. Cornices, logo, tiles and the pillars themselves were created in Rhino. In the other version, all words were added in Photoshop.

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 3:46 PM
Forum Moderator

Well done modeling and presentation.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

danamo ( ) posted Mon, 12 December 2005 at 4:00 PM

Excellent modeling! It's always interesting and inspiring to me to see how other folks combine the output of 3D modelers and Bryce.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 4:21 AM

It's certainly a pity Bryce didn't like this model, the marbleing complements it nicely. Um... what's "Entropy" - I know you said "rendered in", but is it part of another prog? a stand alone? Cost? Just curious...

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

waldomac ( ) posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 9:10 AM

Entropy is a no-longer-available RenderMan-compliant renderer. It is a stand-alone if you want to program shader code by hand, which most of us -- me included -- don't probably do very well. I use it in conjunction with Rhinoceros and a lovely little free plug-in called RhinoMan. I IM'd you about some other things, FranOnTheEdge, but the gist of it is that I agree: I sure would have liked to have been able to do it in Bryce. My fault, probably, as the geometry is rather high-poly and may include some flaws because of my method in Wings. I just don't have time to fix it and try over for a week or two. My deadline is Friday, and I have about a bazillion other projects due this week, too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.